ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mlb32704"
mlb32704

Posted Mar 03, 2013 in: Delay toggling between functions?
Score: 0
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2013
  • Score: 0
There is a noticeable delay in toggling between functions in the iOS app, as I am viewing them on my iPhone 4S. Moving from Settings to Notes, Settings to Tasks, and/or Notes to Tasks especially, there is a new lag that did not occur with the old app. Maybe an extra second or fraction of a second, but it's definitely new and noticeable. I'm going to try out the iPad later and see if this specific to the iPhone, or cross platform. Otherwise, for the most part, I like the update, so far. I still liked the old version better though, maybe the powers that be can find it in their hearts to offer a ToodleDo "Classic" at least from a look and feel standpoint, although I know that this is wishful thinking and I'm already prepared to move on. Thanks!
mlb32704

Posted Dec 13, 2012 in: KEEP THE OLD LAYOUT!
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2012
Now that it's back on a temporary basis...

The old layout was and still is FINE. Why not just continue using it, and build whatever functionality improvements you'd like behind that layout?

Everyone's got an opinion on this one, there's mine. Thanks.
mlb32704

Posted Dec 12, 2012 in: Solution to the layout redesign problem
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2012
Keep the old look and feel that you just brought back temporarily, and build whatever functionality you'd like behind it.
mlb32704

Posted Dec 07, 2012 in: Export versus Backup
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2012
On a weekly basis, I export my uncompleted tasks, my completed tasks and my notebooks. I got burned one time by not having access to a previously completed task and I've been doing that ever since. I just now notice a backup function, so I'm wondering if I'm better off doing a weekly backup versus export of those three categories? Will the backup include completed tasks? How far back? Notebooks?
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2012

If you think TD was perfect, you obviously don't follow these forums. The majority of posts are for improvements, and very few to go back. Just the nature of the beast.

The vast majority of posts in these forums complaining about the new release have more to do with "look and feel" issues relative to the new release vs. previous version than anything else. And they are right on. The "look and feel" of the latest version for iOS is terrible, the more that I use it on my iPhone and iPad, the more that I see how bad it is. I have to agree with this particular post and others like it - the "look and feel" of the immediately previous version was much, much better and totally acceptable to me versus this latest version. I'm not sure what TD has submitted for approval with Apple in the way of the next update to alleviate some of these issues, but I am hoping if not praying that at least the "look and feel" part is a throwback to the previous version, or a dramatic improvement over the current one.

This message was edited Dec 06, 2012.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2012
Thanks Jake.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2012
Do we have an estimated time frame and/or advanced release notes for the next update?

This message was edited Dec 04, 2012.
mlb32704

Posted Nov 30, 2012 in: Possible Folder Bug with New iOS App?
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2012
Just sent them.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
The videos are too big to email. I am uploading them to a site as we speak and will send the link when complete, should be soon.
mlb32704

Posted Nov 30, 2012 in: AACK. New iPhone app awful fonts
  • mlb32704
I echo JimLaurent's comments and empathize with the ToodleDo developers, there are a LOT of outstanding "look and feel" posts in the forum. I would especially echo JimLaurent's last sentence - if future update(s) were somehow able to provide the ability for the user to adjust fonts, font sizes, and colors, a lot of these "issues" would probably go away.

This message was edited Nov 30, 2012.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
Update - I've closed out my one outstanding trouble ticket but it still says that I need to wait another day to issue a new one. So I'm waiting :)
mlb32704

• mlb32704
Regular add on the iPhone app. Would you like me to take another video and send along with the folder issue video?
mlb32704

Score: 1
  • mlb32704
  • Score: 1
I totally understand. This one I can live with. And the look and feel changes with the next release will probably alleviate all of the other issues I'm running into. Still very happy with ToodleDo and the support behind the product, best game in town.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
I need an email address, or I have to wait until tonight/tomorrow to send under trouble ticket because I have one outstanding. Either way, I probably need a place to send it to. I've got it, it's ready to go, please just let me know where to send it.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
I understand. I actually did some experiments this morning and came to the same conclusion. I have a handful of tasks with the same tag in the same list, those are the ones that are not appearing in the exact same order. Not a big deal. As far as the third sort goes, back to my original statements - you are now offering a third sort as a standard feature in the iOS app. Have you considered offering that same third sort as a standard feature on the Web site as well?
mlb32704

• mlb32704
Update - I did a complete deinstallation/reinstallation of ToodleDo on my iPhone and the problem went away. I did take a video of the issue beforehand if anyone at ToodleDo ever wants or needs to see it. But I'm not going to submit a trouble ticket for the issue because it is no longer outstanding and no one else seems to be talking about it.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
OK, I'll have to wait until tonight, I've got one outstanding already.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
Knowing that there is already a confirmed bug where you cannot get rid of those priority marks even by removing priority as a used field, I've set the default value in settings for priority to negative (-1), so that as new tasks are created, they would be assigned that priority
and the associated light grey shaded priority mark. Unfortunately, this isn't working, new tasks are being assigned a high or top priority and the associated orange priority mark. I have to manually change them in order to change the priority mark value and color. Probably part of the same bug that ToodleDo has already confirmed and is in the process of fixing, just making sure.
mlb32704

• mlb32704
Will do. I need an email address to send it to.
mlb32704

Posted Nov 29, 2012 in: Possible Folder Bug with New iOS App?
  • mlb32704
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2012
Update - it is definitely a bug - I can expand/collapse some but not all of the grey tab options under "View Tasks By", and not all of the options are presented after expanding because they are covered up by the grey tabs that did not expand. Hopefully that makes sense, I can try and take a video looking right at the iPhone if no one at ToodleDo has come across this one yet. Happy to help.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13      Next