ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
jsinger

Posted Aug 06, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
Score: 5
  • jsinger
  • Posted: Aug 06, 2020
  • Score: 5
More crickets from Toodledo. My patience is out. Remember the Milk has substantially improved since I last looked at it. I found Tick Tick to be a bit lacking and was therefore willing to give Toodledo a bit more time to figure things out. But this is ridiculous. I have now looked at RTM, and while it seems not quite as good as TD, I have no doubt the support can not be any worse. So I am looking to bring over my tasks and give it a real stress test.

I will say to Anant and the TD folks, this is not an IT/development failure. While you certainly messed that up big time, this is a failure to communicate with your customers and let them know what is going on and to go silent. That is the primary failure here. Secondarily, you failed to fix the error in a realistic time frame. You broke a lot of things. The wise move would have been to roll things back and undergo more testing.
jsinger

Posted Jul 21, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
Score: 2
  • jsinger
  • Posted: Jul 21, 2020
  • Score: 2
I think it is safe to say that TD is useless on an iPad right now. It might be nice if TD and Anant would address this, but communication does not seem to be their strong suit right now. I have been unable to open the app on an iPad since this upgrade. Even if I am able to open the app, I am not sure I would trust the data.
jsinger

Posted Jul 19, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
Score: 1
  • jsinger
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2020
  • Score: 1
Posted by Marc Levoy:
None of these fixes are working on my iPad (running 13.5.1). I can delete and re-install Toodledo (version 3.4.1), then force Toodledo-to-device sync, but this crashes just before finishing, or sometimes it finishes correctly, but if I terminate and re-launch the app, it displays the splash screen for 30 seconds, then crashes, and any attempt to re-launch the app insta-crashes the same way. It works on my iPhone, Android phone, and Mac, but not my iPad. Please advise. (Another way to say this is that it launches and works exactly once, after re-installing and force-syncing, then not again unless I again re-install.)

I am having the same issue and I reported it last week when they released the update. I have heard nothing. I hope you have better luck. It seems that they are handling these issues by burying their head in the sand instead of communicating with users. I may be headed the way of jimk222 and going to TickTick. I have been patient, but it is hard to be patient when TD communicates nothing. I have been a TD user for a long time, and they had built up a lot of goodwill with me, but it leaves in a hurry when they roll out a horrible update and then disappear.
jsinger

Posted Jul 14, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
Score: 0
  • jsinger
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2020
  • Score: 0
Posted by erbin:
iPad Pro running IOS 13.5.1. It seems to be working okay on my iPhone running IOS 13.5.1.

I am having the same issue. iPhone seems to be okay. I turned off auto updates just because of this app but it updated anyway. iPad is s***. After spending considerable time downloading tasks again and resetting my app specific passwords, the iPad app was running very slowly. Each click seemed to take forever for the app to respond. So I closed the app and now every time I try to open it, it crashes. Can not even be opened.

I ask again, how do you not test before you release? Any simple test on an iPad would see that this app does not work at all on an iPad.

I have been patient, but that is running out. The incompetence is staggering and the lack of communication is bewildering.

As for alternatives, I have found Remember the Milk to be lacking in key areas as of a few years back. Because of this thread, I have looked at TickTick and it looks promising. I will begin testing when I get some time.
jsinger

Posted Jul 10, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
  • jsinger
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2020
Posted by Anant G.:
I have updated the beta link now in the thread. It solves most of the open bugs apart from Notes sorting order. That build is still under verification on Apple. We will roll out an update as soon as we have done all the tests internally.

Just make sure you synchronize all your data to website first from Settings --> Synchronization. Then delete your old app and install the new one.

Here is the link to testflight again : https://testflight.apple.com/join/IOcArkMs

Are you serious! I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and giving you time to sort this out. But not even an I am sorry we really messed this up! Are you kidding! I have been a loyal paying user who was willing to forgive a royal screw up. All I ask is for some communication and an apology. And this is the communication. You have got to be kidding.

I do not mean to be harsh here, but Anant, you should not be the one communicating to the public.
jsinger

Posted Jul 07, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
  • jsinger
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2020
I also backup my data every Friday using multiple methods of the export tools.

I have been using the web site version and found that it has all of my data. I am intentionally not using either the iphone or ipad version in the hope that I do not corrupt any of my data. I am hoping that TD fixes these issues and then I can do a one way Sync from the site into my iphone and ipad.

But it would be very nice if someone from TD would actually comment on what is going on and post a daily update with a status. It's not that hard. You have a loyal following some of whom (myself included) pay for this service. It is bad enough you pushed out an update that was clearly not tested enough, but communication could actually solve your problem by letting us know what is going on. Your silence only magnifies the issue and creates more ill will than the underlying problem. Does no one at TD know even the smallest amount of crises management?
jsinger

Posted Jul 06, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
Score: 1
  • jsinger
  • Posted: Jul 06, 2020
  • Score: 1
This was a horrible update. It is like you did no testing on it whatsoever. It would go a long way if you would communicate what is going on instead of leaving long time users hanging. Like others, I have determined that this update has rendered the app unusable. But prior to that, I have found the following issues, in case you are monitoring this forum, although you give no indication that you are.

These apply to the ipad app:

1) The app loads with no data and requires a resync. If this is the case, you should have sent an email to users, instead of startling us. I have automatic updates and was quite shocked to find no data in the app until I realized what happened. That is not a good way to treat users.

2) The app does not retain the sort

3) The app freezes a lot

4) Diaglog on right is not sized right and freezes

5) There is no place to check off tasks on the right

6) you have to go in and out of tasks to make updates

7) The app freezes every time you go into the settings

I repeat my ask of did you do any testing at all?
jsinger

Posted Jun 30, 2011 in: Notebook App
  • jsinger
  • Posted: Jun 30, 2011
Is anyone aware of an Android app that has bidirectional sync with the notebook in Toodledo?

I would appreciate any apps and comments on them if anyone has any.

Thanks.