ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Nov 18, 2015 in: Google Calendar integration...
Score: 0
Posted by Olivir2015:
Well, Outlook.com calendar does have the same issue with subscribed calendars:-( For now, I am using Sunrise calendar - it has a web interface and syncs to Toodledo directly (and I think it's a two way sync too). For some people, Sunrise is dead now as it has stopped it's developement and will be integrated in Outlook.com, but that is what I want anyway...

How are you getting the two way sync with Sunrise? I downloaded Sunrise iOS, but I don't see Toodledo listed under the applications in the accounts setup space.

Thx.
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Nov 13, 2015 in: Todoist vs Toodledo -- Why I'm back.
I had a quick look at the Karma feature, and you can approach this using the Toodledo habits section. I track some key stats on this, and it give me motivation to try to be better:
At the start of the day, I plan my tasks for that day. I star anything I think I MUST do on that day. Then I have two habits setup, one for Star Tasks Planned Today and one for total Tasks Planned today.
Then, I have two more habits setup for Star Tasks Completed today and Tasks completed today. So at the end of the day (or, more usually at the start of the next day) I record how I actually did.
Then, once a week I transpose these numbers into a spreadsheet (probably a better way to do this, but that's what I'm currently doing) and over time I can see if I can get closer to completing 100% of what I plan, and I can also feel good (or not) about the volume of tasks I've completed.

I also use PI, and I have two smart filters set up to give me the counts for the completed measures.
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Apr 01, 2015 in: Goals Feature
Score: 7
Are there any plans to update/enhance the goals feature? It seems that in the latest design work, we have Tasks, Notes, Outlines, Lists & Habits sitting proudly at the top of the page, whilst Goals is shuffled off under the Organize. I would like to know if there are plans to enhance the goals section, or if Outlines is the new Goals?

Goals doesn't even appear in the ipad or iphone app.

Another app I've been trying (specific to Goal setting) has functionality to combine tasks and habits under one Goal, and track the % complete based upon those options. Seems like Toodledo now has all the building blocks to also bring all this together. Would love to have everything in one place.

Thanks - Huw
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Feb 12, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 1
Just discovered this feature - must be a slow learner :)

Couple of questions, is there a way to setup a habit for certain days a week - eg. only on weekdays, or every two days?

Also, any way to enter data more than three weeks old. I've been tracking in another app, but that's just stopped working - I have my data from Jan 1st and it would be nice to enter here.

Thanks.
huwevans projecth...

Posted Jan 04, 2015 in: Pocket Informant authorization error
I'm receiving this error when trying to authenticate PI to sync with toodledo: "The operation couldn't be completed. (com.google.HTTPStatus errror 429.)"

Is this a Toodledo issue, or PI?

Thx.
huwevans projecth...

Posted Sep 24, 2014 in: Pocket Informant sync not working
This is now fixed. Got this from Alex at PI: "During some routine maintenance by Toodledo, they accidentally made a change that caused Pocket Informant to no longer be able to sync correctly. We notified them about the problem and they promptly corrected it. Both Toodledo and PI apologize for the inconvenience."

Thanks for the quick resolution
huwevans projecth...

Posted Sep 23, 2014 in: Pocket Informant sync not working
My Pocket Informant sync has stopped working. Was perfect up until today - have there been any changes to the third party sync engine?
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Jan 06, 2011 in: History of completed RECURRING tasks
The way I do this is you first change the due date to the day you did the task, then mark it as complete. It's two steps, but doesn't take much time.

- Huw
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Jan 05, 2011 in: Integration with Evernote
Agree with the surprises.

The reason I'd like a list of completed items to go to Evernote is to assist in my weekly review process. This would provide direct context for notes and follow up items.

Can't see the point of any complex formatting for notes in toodledo. The text content is what's important, not how it looks.

But - that's just my opinion based around my needs. One of the best things about toodledo is the flexibility that allows for many users to utilise it in many different ways.
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Jan 05, 2011 in: History of completed RECURRING tasks
Hi Richard,

How do you filter the csv export to just provide last week's completed items?

- Huw
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Jan 03, 2011 in: Apps you use on a daily basis
Score: -1
You don't need to focus on PM software, you need to focus on good project management technique. There are many good PM's who get by with just Excel. You could also easily use Toodledo as your basis for PM.

Think about what the activities are that you want to perform as a project manager. Then look for software that will support those activities. A tool like MS project has all the functions you need, but also has about 1,000 other functions as well - which can be confusing to start with.

- Huw
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Jan 03, 2011 in: Integration with Evernote
I'm a long time user of both Evernote & Toodledo, and I've always thought I wanted integration. But then I started thinking some more, and I was not clear in my own mind what level of integration I wanted and what it would actually deliver to me.

I don't need to repeat my tasks in Evernote, as I can see them in Toodledo. Likewise, I don't need to repeat my notes in Toodledo. If I have notes pertaining to an individual task, I attach those notes to that task.

After a fair bit of thinking, here's the only integration I'd like, an option to email a list of completed todo's to Evernote on a daily or weekly basis. This sounds to me something I should be able to do with a report of some kind - does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks - Huw
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Dec 22, 2010 in: 2010 Year In Review
I live in this application, so thanks for all your great work. Just bought an iphone so I can use that app as well.

Thanks to all.

- Huw
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Aug 09, 2010 in: Time tracking
I use Google calendar for this purpose. You can have many custom calendars, and it's easy to book the times you work on items. This is good when spending large amounts of time, eg. 1-2 hour blocks. However, would probably be cumbersome if your work blocks are less than this.
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Jul 21, 2010 in: Update button?
F5 is the refresh button in most browsers - does this suit?
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Jul 14, 2010 in: Email a task to myself
The email address is setup in your account settings. If you change this to your yahoo email, then that's where emails will go.
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Jun 30, 2010 in: A little fire underneath your seat
I love the toodledo user interface the way it is. Have tried many others, and this one works great for me.
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted May 13, 2010 in: Every Weekday in the repeat dropdown
I use the repeat task option a lot, as most of my tasks span several days. The repeat option I use most often is Every Weekday. I'd love it if this was added to the quick dropdown of repeats, rather than being in the advanced section.

Thanks.
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Feb 11, 2010 in: RSS Feed Request
I'm a symbian phone user, and been looking at the couple of options to get my todos onto my phone for offline reference (on those rare occasions when I can't get to a PC or go online). Right now, without a Symbian client, the RSS feed option seems a good choice.

This would be really useful for me if an RSS feed could be offered that displayed tasks due today and tomorrow. Better still if a feed could be offered that displayed the results of a saved search (then I could define what get's published).

Anyone else interested in this?
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted Sep 16, 2009 in: S60 (Symbian / Nokia)
Keep looking back to see if there's any update to this. Any news on the development of a Symbian app?
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next