ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
Damian_S

Posted Mar 29, 2012 in: Pocket Informant without google?
Score: -1
  • Damian_S
  • Posted: Mar 29, 2012
  • Score: -1
Hi Dave,

I'm using an iPhone4.

Projects being 'folders' sounds a bit odd as I use something similar to Proximo's GTD setup, so my folders aren't projects. I'm sure I'd get used to it though.

The most important question is about google calendar though. If I have to use google, I wont use the app. So, can it use other calendar servers (or it's own? .. although i'd be suspicious that it's own calendar service would just be a google calendar if it can't do any others).

Thanks
Damian
Damian_S

Posted Mar 29, 2012 in: Pocket Informant without google?
Score: 1
  • Damian_S
  • Posted: Mar 29, 2012
  • Score: 1
Hello all,

I'm interested to know if Pocket Informant can work with calendars other than Google Calendar (caldav et?)

I ask because it looks very nice, but I refuse to use Google Calendar. I don't want to pay for the app only to find out that I can't use the calendar.

For those of you who are using PI, does it integrate with Toodledo well? The main sections I use are Tasks, Sub-Tasks, Projects, Contexts and tags. Sometimes use start and end dates and times. Don't really use goals.

Thanks for any help
Damian
Damian_S

Posted Mar 27, 2012 in: Daily reoccuring task
Score: 0
  • Damian_S
  • Posted: Mar 27, 2012
  • Score: 0
I'm sure I've tried setting a start date and time. My memory is that it works fine for the first one, but after that, the reoccurring tasks don't have a start date and time so they show up in my lists.

To clarify, I'm not talking about reminders, just them showing up in my lists.

I'll try it again.
Damian_S

Posted Mar 27, 2012 in: Daily reoccuring task
  • Damian_S
Hello all,

There's something that I need to make sure I do every day. I've set up a task that repeats every day, but the problem is that I'm also told about the task for the following day, when I'm not in that day yet.

I can't find a way around this.

I want to be told about the task once per day. I don't want to be told about the task for tomorrow until tomorrow.

can this be set up? I feel like I've tried everything.

Thanks
Damian
Damian_S

Posted Mar 27, 2012 in: Add Multiple tasks on iPhone app
  • Damian_S
Great. Looking forward to it!
Damian_S

Posted Mar 27, 2012 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • Damian_S
My problem with 'Proximo's GTD Setup'.

Hi all, I'm pretty much using Proximo's method, after trying a few different things. There's one thing I don't understand though.

When I look though my list of tasks on my iphone, I see project titles amongst nest actions. So, I may see...

+Sort the office
File papers
Empty bit

Shouldn't I just see the next actions, and not the names of the projects as well? It just adds more clutter. Am I missing something?

Damian
Damian_S

Posted Mar 22, 2012 in: Add Multiple tasks on iPhone app
  • Damian_S
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2012
This has been asked a couple of times, and the reply always seems to be that it's a great idea, but it's still not possible.

Will this feature be added? It can't be particularly complicated and would speed up the speed of task entry SO much.

Damian
Damian_S

Posted Jun 14, 2011 in: View tasks competed
  • Damian_S
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2011
Is there an easy way to view a list of tasks completed in a day?

Can this be done on the iphone too?

Thanks
Damian
Damian_S

• Damian_S
Hello all,

I'm loving getting started with Toodledo and my preferred iphone app so far is Toodledo's own.

2Do and ToDo have some nice features though. Multiple add, Linking a call to your address book and a nice view of Completed items are my favourites. I'm also interested in the different task types and how Toodledo handles them.

2Do lets you add an item as 'ToDo', 'Project' or 'Checklist'
ToDo lets you add an item as 'normal', 'project' or 'checklist'

Are these just subtasks, tasks, and tasks with subtasks?

Toodledo seems to think that's what they are, but if I go back into these other apps, checklisted items appear different to tasks with sub-tasks (whereas in Toodledo, that's all they look like).

I don't want to break anything but using something I shouldn't. How can things look like a checklist of items (differing from sub-tasks) in 2Do and ToDo when the information is stored on Toodledo and that doesn't seem to support that the feature?

Damian
Damian_S

• Damian_S
Thanks for the replies.

It's all getting clearer the more I use it on the iphone. I'll quickly need to find a good way to manage projects though as I transfer them across.
Damian_S

• Damian_S
  • Posted: Jun 12, 2011
Thanks for that reply. The sharing comment helped me to decide how to use contexts.

So, I'm now using tags in the way that I used to use contexts (@email, @calls, @out etc). And I'm using what Toodledo calls contexts to separate areas of my life.

I'll then hopefully be able to share those relevant areas with relevant people.

Great stuff.

D
Damian_S

• Damian_S
  • Posted: Jun 12, 2011
Hello all,

I'm new to Toodledo, but have used various GTD systems.

I'm interested in Proximo's setup as it seems to get the most discussion, so there must be a decent foundation there.

My questions are:
1) Is 1 projects folder enough? In my previous GTD attempts, I have ended up with hundreds of projects (300-500). This has been un-manageable with other systems as a weekly review becomes such a huge task that it gets ignored and then the whole system suffers. I'm hoping that listing projects by priority will help, but there's still a lot there. Maybe I should have an 'Active Projects', a 'Nest in line Projects' and 'Someday' etc. Would that be a good idea?

2) My next question is about the actions folder. Doesn't putting an action from a project (which if I'm right is just a sub-task to a task) into a different folder confuse things? Or are all actions from all projects inside of this actions folder? So are the projects (top level tasks) all in projects and the actions (sub-tasks) all in actions? Doesn't this loose the ability to look at a project and see all of it's sub-tasks (actions) because they are in a different place, or is there still a way to do that?

Hoe that all makes sense.

Thanks
Damian
Damian_S

• Damian_S
  • Posted: Jun 10, 2011
Hello all,

I'm transferring my GTD system into Toodledo and I often use multiple contexts per action (@computer, @net for example).

If I decide to use tags as contexts to enable me to keep doing this, do I loose any functionality that 'official' contexts provide?

I'll also probably use tags like ~mark and ~dave to tag an action to a person. Any problems doing this if I'm using contexts as tags too?

I may also use tags (with a different prefix) for 'Areas of life' (again, occasionally a project can exist in more than one so contexts are out again) .. it may get a bit crowded in the tag selector, but is all of this ok to do and 'safe' from any future updates breaking anything?

Cheers
Damian_S

• Damian_S
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2011
The developers should take a look at MonkeyGSD (Formerly MonkeyGTD). It has the best 'quick add' feature I have ever seen in this type of app. Not only can you add multiple tasks as once, you can create multiple projects and actions at once, all with all the tags etc you could wish for.

I left MonkeyGTD because it's unmanageable if you have lots of projects, but really miss that feature.