ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
christopher.millward

Score: 0
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Lots of things stealing focus from the active form element to make the new multi-select work I think.
christopher.millward

When I open a new task and tab from the task name to the Context dropdown, I can no longer use letter keys to navigate to the Context options beginning with that letter.

For example, tabbing to the the Context menu and typing 'c' used to select the 'Computer' context, while repeatedly pressing the 'w' key would cycle through all of my contexts that started with 'w' (e.g. Waiting For, With Family, With Doctor). This only seems to impact the Context dropdown, the Repeat dropdown still responds to letter presses correctly ('d' selects Daily, 'w' selects Weekly, etc.)

First noticed earlier this week.
Platform: Chrome / OSX
Keyboard shortcuts: On
christopher.millward

Posted Aug 25, 2015 in: Auto-collapse the ribbon?
Score: 2
Does anyone know if there's a way to auto-collapse the expanded form of the new ribbon?

It would be great if it would collapse back into the sidebar once a link has been clicked and the mouse pointer has left the ribbon altogether.
christopher.millward

Posted Apr 22, 2013 in: Standard GTD + Searches == Heaven
That's terrifically encouraging, thanks! I'm glad you found some useful bits :)
christopher.millward

Posted Apr 18, 2013 in: Standard GTD + Searches == Heaven
Thanks for posting your writeup, there's some great insight there I think. Goal tracking is definitely the next level to get to in my own GTD journey, so I may well start with what you've written :)

How do you deal with situations where you look at your list and decide that you'd rather have a beer and lounge in the back yard than tackle any of it? It seems like prescribed amounts of time for each goal each week would introduce a little residual guilt for willingly deciding *not* to do anything?
christopher.millward

Posted Apr 13, 2013 in: Standard GTD + Searches == Heaven
Hi Jane,

It was probably unclear in the rambly blog post, but what I meant was that I didn't like using folders for projects because of the comparatively long time it takes to create new ones versus just using sub-tasks.

Using folders in the way you described actually sounds like a good way to keep repeating and habit-building tasks out of the way of regular searches, and to loan a bit more structure to big projects.

The reasons that I usually go with tags for that sort of thing is that creating them is dead-simple and can be done while creating the task itself, and you can attach multiple to the same task so you don't have to decide between two possible folders if your project overlaps (e.g. does buying a treadmill fall under the "Run a marathon" or "Set up home gym" big project)? For the way I work, folders function like a more limited version of tags because they take longer to create and you can only assign one per project / task.

Personally, for most professional big projects, I usually have that top level of hierarchy (folder => project => task) keep elsewhere because my teammates don't use ToodleDo for project management, and for personal big projects creating a tag is usually the faster way to get it done for me.

On the other hand, I think I'll try using folders for some of the soft due-dates like getting groceries or haircuts. I keep to a pretty firm schedule for groceries and the need for a haircut usually presents itself in an obvious way, but it would feel good having those in the system somewhere.

Thanks for the tip!
christopher.millward

Posted Apr 09, 2013 in: Standard GTD + Searches == Heaven
Nuts, I've been fighting with that comment form forever... Guh...

D'you mind if I copy+paste that comment into the blog, those are some kind words :)

Thanks!
christopher.millward

Posted Apr 06, 2013 in: Standard GTD + Searches == Heaven
Hello!

I wanted to share how I GTD above and beyond the usual set of contexts and priorities by using searches and tags, so I wrote a way-too-long blog about it.

I'd love to hear feedback from other people in the community to see what could be made better / faster (/ stronger ?)

http://www.millwardesque.com/blogs/christopher-millward/getting-things-done-toodledo

Christopher Millward
christopher.millward

Howdy!

I decided to try out the scheduler today and found myself longing for one feature: Scheduling from multiple contexts at one time. When I'm at my desk at work, I'm able to work on tasks from my At Phone, At Computer, Anywhere, E-mail, and At Office contexts.

It would be nice to be able to have set the scheduler to pick tasks from all of those contexts (while ignoring my Home, Errands, With Girlfriend, etc. contexts).

A simple set of checkboxes for contexts to be included, rather than the current drop-down list, would work adequately for the UI, I think.

Anyway, it was just a thought.

Keep up the good work, I love the constant additions to ToodleDo, and I'd be a complete mess without it.

Cheers,
Chris Millward