ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
johnairy

Score: 0
  • johnairy
  • Posted: Oct 03, 2018
  • Score: 0
My question is simple. It seems like the new layout does not support Collaboration. Is this true? I've searched Google for an answer or forum discussion but found no answer.

Thanks
johnairy

Posted Jul 27, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
Score: 4
  • johnairy
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2018
  • Score: 4
Hi Sam,

Toodledo is probably already the best productivity tool out there. And I do tend to agree with the sentiment, "keep it as it is - it works." At least keep all the functionality we're used to having and don't break functionality, if possible. Though, I would like to suggest we see some new features at some point.

As a long-term Toodledo user, I use it from the browser, Android 3rd party app (DGT-GTD), and Linux 3rd party application (TaskUnifier Pro). I would hate to lose the ability to sync with the 3rd party apps I have been using. My tech ability is very high - and I may just be ignorant of how to use some of Toodledo web features, but there seem to be a few shortcomings to me.

So, here are a few of my new feature suggestions:

1. From the web, it's difficult to turn a task into a sub-task, or attach it to a parent. First, you have to get the parent task on the same page (I use the calendar view most often), only then can you drag the sub-task into the parent task.

2. The new web interface doesn't seem to stick permanently. Often, when I reopen a tab, or click my Toodledo bookmark, it takes me to the old web interface. I've found, after logging in again, I can return to the new interface by going back a few pages from the browser's back button. It seems reasonable, for those who've chosen the new interface, that they should always be directed to it, and never be directed to the old one. In short, when's the new web interface going to be made the default standard?

3. Why can't we have sub-tasks within sub-tasks? I don't see why there's a limitation. Some 3rd party programs allow for this.

4. How about, repeating, self-completing, alarm tasks? I've thought this would be a helpful reminder feature. A task alarm would transpire (alarm, email or do whatever it was set to do) and would automatically complete, setting itself to repeat next week, or whenever.

5. One last feature. The original web interface had superior, or at least allowed more keyboard interaction in setting tasks. This is helpful in creating a new task - only having to type "t" to set it due tomorrow. Is the new interface going to have these old features implemented in future? It would be nice.

Again, I may just be ignorant of what Toodledo can do and need to learn - Toodledo is feature rich already. But yes, make some improvements, as long as functionality remains as it is for each user's experience. Yeah, easier said than done, right?

One last thing: I hope you can lay one concern to rest. You aren't planning to sell Toodledo to Google (or other company), are you? If so, that might push a lot of users away (to Nextcloud etc.), even if features are inferior. We see how Google has shelved some of the software it has acquired, like Picasa.

Thanks for your consideration,
John A