ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
Bobkopf

Posted Oct 30, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 4
  • Bobkopf
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2018
  • Score: 4
Well I just renewed under the old pricing scheme. I think I'm glad I did since Ive been using toodledo for many years now and it puts off what will be a hard decision.

I won't pay the plus plan price.

I need a 2 year task history - even if I only lookback once a year, I need to be able to call up the previous calendar year's tasks. Not having this is a deal breaker. Having to use program a third party app to clip done items on 2 iOS devices, a Mac and a PC laptop isn't something I'm going to bother with - for all that work I can likely find an alternative product.

Saved searches were the way you made Toodledo fit your needs - in the free version you can't see the value of using the product without saved searches. Won't impact standard plan subscribers for awhile, until it starves the company of new paid users because they can't get what they need when they try the product. (Same is true for free plan without hotlists...)

So based on the (proposed) pricing/service roadmap, when my current plan expires next year I'll be (tentatively) switching to another system next year. At least I have time to prepare.
Bobkopf

Posted Apr 05, 2016 in: Find tasks that have subtasks?
Score: 0
  • Bobkopf
  • Posted: Apr 05, 2016
  • Score: 0
I would like to create a saved search for all tasks that have subtasks.

These tend to be my more complex project oriented tasks that I find I want to be able to see as a list and be able to deal with all these tasks and subtasks as a special group of tasks vs. more simple and routine tasks.

I can't find a set of search criteria that will accomplish this. Suggestions?
Bobkopf

Posted Apr 03, 2012 in: After reading "The Checklist Manifesto"
Score: 1
  • Bobkopf
  • Posted: Apr 03, 2012
  • Score: 1
My list/checklist needs are fairly simple - the one I use most often is a "going out of town" list - not so much a packing list as a chores list - things I have to do before leaving so the house and cats are secure and survive until I return.

For this simple list I have just been using the note ap in my iphone and ipad. Syncs well between the two.

For more detailed checklists - I create them in evernote or word or excel - and have them as PDF's. I put these checklists in my dropbox (easiest way to get the file on my ipad) and then anotate the PDF (use it as a background) in Note Taker HD - the advantage to me of marking up the pdf is that in addition to physically checking an item off - if I make other notes or add things on the fly I have a record of those changes that I can add to the master document when I return to my office.