ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
matt_1392172870

Posted Dec 13, 2018 in: Separate folders for notes
Score: 0
matt_1392172870

Posted Dec 11, 2018 in: Separate folders for notes
Asked at https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/18069/-84585/read.html and https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/23271/0/task-folders-vs-notes-folders.html , and it's still something users want (at least three!). One dev response was "it's harder than we want" and the other was "no." The following says it well, which is bad for Toodledo adoption:

>> "I don't want my Tasks to be polluted with my Notes folders, and vice-versa. I would like to request that the folder structures for Tasks and Notes be made independent from each other."
>
> I agree totally which is why my notes are in a competing app.

Thanks.
matt_1392172870

Hi Folks. Generally a long-time and happy Toodledo user (web and iPhone), but I'd like to give feedback on your web UI. Switching between features is unnecessarily annoying. You've hidden the features under the popup in the upper left, which means that, to switch, I have to move my mouse to the popup and either click or wait until your program shows the icons, and then click an icon. Since you only have five items, a better UI would be to show buttons directly! I switch back and forth, so you'd a) save clicks and time, and b) reduce frustration due to unnecessary waiting. Please change it! Thank you.
matt_1392172870

Posted Oct 29, 2015 in: Progress Report - September 2015
Thanks, Jake. You've improved my workflow - it's not too bad now.

Posted by Jake:
That is currently the fastest way to create a new task and set the title, priority and folder. We'll explore faster options in the future, but we are limited by screen size, especially when the keyboard is up as this takes up half the screen.
matt_1392172870

Posted Oct 27, 2015 in: Progress Report - September 2015
Thanks, Jake. That gets the workflow down to:

1. Tap Add Task
2. Type name
3. Tap Edit...
4. Tap Priority to select desired
5. Tap Folder to select desired
6. Tap "< All Tasks" to go back

That's still too many steps for an essential operation that I do regularly. It seems you've made the UI to support - via quick add - onloy one type of user: Someone who uses only one priority and one folder when adding new items. Would you say that most users work that way? Maybe you're thinking that the productivity workflow is to put all new tasks into a single "Incoming + __ priority" folder?

Is anyone else frustrated by this unnecessarily tedious workflow for adding new tasks? Maybe I'm an outlier, but I'd be shocked if that's true. Thank you.

Posted by Jake:
Instead of Steps 3,4 and 5 you can type in the name of the task before step 2. That will be much faster.
matt_1392172870

Posted Oct 26, 2015 in: Progress Report - September 2015
I've been using the iOS app for some time, and it's functional but really unwieldy. Mainly I find that adding a task - the bread and butter of the app, one could argue - is a multi-step affair if you want something that doesn't use the defaults (i.e., if you cannot use the "QuickAdd Task" area). Here's what I have to do now:

1. Tap Add Task
2. Tap Edit...
3. Tap "Untitled" (the default task name)
4. Hold the delete key until it's erased and then type the actual task name
5. Tap Done
6. Tap Priority to select desired
7. Tap Folder to select desired
8. Tap "< All Tasks" to go back

You have to admit, that's a serious usability issue, and it's become an issue for me. Am I missing a shortcut of some sort? Thank you.
matt_1392172870

It should ask for confirmation.
matt_1392172870

Posted Jul 31, 2015 in: bookmark individual notes?
Hi Folks. I would love to be able to bookmark a particular note so I can go to it quickly, but I don't see how to do this. Most systems use a RESTful approach where each "resource" (like a note) has its own URI. Is there a way to bookmark with the current system? Thank you. -- matt