ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
dmos01

Posted Feb 01, 2021 in: Google Calendar Sync Work for You?
Score: 0
  • dmos01
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2021
  • Score: 0
Posted by Larry3:
By the way, I seen that the last time Anant visited this site was Jan 27, 2021 but I don't see where he actually posted anything. I don't know what "visited" means either.
That should mean accessed any page on the forum while logged in (including its "home" page).

This message was edited Feb 01, 2021.
dmos01

Posted Jan 30, 2020 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • dmos01
  • Posted: Jan 30, 2020
Been lurking here for a while, watching the collapse of Toodledo. I've been a member since 2015, so almost no time at all considering the sale happened in mid-2018.

I've now moved to Amazing Marvin. The main view / master list / backburner system allows me to seperate out tasks I plan to do, tasks I could do (but haven't planned when) and tasks I can't do yet.

It's expensive, but other systems that include task dependency seem even more expensive. (It's more project management system than todo system at that point, so adjust pricing expectations.)

Also, the fit-and-finish has had a lot of work put into it — from keyboard shortcuts and customisable widths; even color pallette in color pickers (rainbow, pale rainbow, fall, crayon) and ... rich-text in notes! And it's being iterated on very quickly. The number of strategies is much, much larger than some images pointed to earlier in this thread and other applicable TD threads.

I guess Ummagumma is right about time managing task attributes. On the other hand, it starts out very simply, so you opted-in to all those attributes. Back on the first hand, this redirects time to playing with strategies. That is the cost for Amazing Marvin being able to handle any workflow you can think of. (Have you heard of Eisenhower?) He was right about YMMV. For me, being able to seperate tasks into the three sections above has removed a lot of stress looking at my list.

Finally, very responsive to questions and feedback. They will even help you set up a workflow if you're struggling with something.

Oh, and new mobile apps due next month.

This message was edited Jan 30, 2020.
dmos01

Posted Apr 17, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • dmos01
  • Posted: Apr 17, 2019
Posted by jaysa_k:
Sort by so many fields (such as sort by 'date added' - no other app that I found does that)

Doesn't Remember the Milk Premium do that?
dmos01

Posted Jan 06, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • dmos01
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2019
Posted by Duo:
Posted by Duo:

Now I see more items listed and the Standard tier only has 1 year of history and it also lists a "Customizable Hotlist" as an option.

Those have always been part of Standard (since the plans were implemented more than a week ago).

This message was edited Jan 06, 2019.
dmos01

Posted Dec 11, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: -1
  • dmos01
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2018
  • Score: -1
Good that they've finally given Standard 1 year pricing. Unfortunately, they waited too long (and still haven't unofficially announced it). We've been seeing so many posts about people leaving because of the one-week history alone.
dmos01

Posted Dec 01, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: November 2018
Score: 1
  • dmos01
  • Posted: Dec 01, 2018
  • Score: 1
Posted by aaron.c.salls:
Rollover overdue tasks
One of the most common frustrations I’ve heard from users is how irritating and time-consuming it is updating all the tasks they didn’t get to yesterday. Isn’t this why we switched from paper and pencil task lists?

We think it should be easier. So we’ve added a setting to automatically roll over overdue tasks to today. You can enable or disable this via a pop-under or in settings under “Overdue tasks”.

The new setting called "Overdue Tasks Alert"? Presumably, that setting would send you a notification whenever a task becomes "overdue" and would in no way modify the task's start or end dates?

This message was edited Dec 01, 2018.
dmos01

• dmos01
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2018
Completely agree. It confused me, too, when I started using start dates.
dmos01

• dmos01
It's there in case you don't use start dates (or priority, or deferred).
dmos01

• dmos01
Tasks due far in the future will be hidden, even if their Start Dates have passed. You can change how far in the future under your account settings. There will be a setting called "Hide Future Tasks".
dmos01

Posted Oct 27, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 2
  • dmos01
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2018
  • Score: 2
I've been talking to Aaron over email about longer task histories. Apparently, the Silver subscribers he had been talking with prior to introducing the Standard plan "had talked about subtasks and searches to better organize, but hadn't found value in the task history." I gave him my use case and he took it back to the team.

Most recently, regarding a year+, he emailed:
Regarding task history, it's something we're still listening about. For a lot of folks, they like the comfort of knowing they can go back (even if they do so only 2-3x per year). As a result, right now the feature set enables folks to use IFTTT to export this regularly to Google Sheets to still have this. We're evaluating a few other ways to make this work as well, but are intent on finding a solution.

So, feel free to email him your concerns. He's good at responding that way.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2018.
dmos01

Posted Oct 23, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 8
  • dmos01
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2018
  • Score: 8
I really hope the one week history for Standard is a mistake and is meant to be one year. Whilst being a 2x price increase, it is bearable for me as not a lot more expensive than Todoist and cheaper than Remember the Milk. It depends on how quickly the mobile apps can be improved.

This message was edited Oct 23, 2018.
dmos01

• dmos01
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2018
Has anyone noticed how Individual allows file uploads but has a decreased history limit? This seems odd. Surely storing an extra year of tasks would take less storage than "file uploads". It also means that Individual is both more and less than Silver.
dmos01

• dmos01
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2018
Posted by pawelkaleta:
"Only the names of plans are old but clearly Silver corresponds to new Individual and Gold corresponds to new Business.

I'm afraid that is incorrect. Those are the old subscriptions, just with the new prices (note the 2-year history and no file uploads). I guess that the prices have been updated now to prevent renewals in anticipation of the price hike.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2018.
dmos01

Posted Mar 07, 2017 in: The New Tasks Section
  • dmos01
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2017
Love the changes, recurring symbol in the checkbox and speed improvements!

One problem I have, though, is that when I open the Start or Due date calendar pickers the yellow highlight is one day before the respectively selected date. I presume this is a timezone problem (I'm in New Zealand). (The today/tomorrow text in the task list does show correctly, though.)

Edit: On some more investigation the problem seems to be about the change between Daylight Saving Time and Standard Time. The yellow highlight shows correctly on Standard Time dates and incorrectly on Daylight Saving Time dates. (Daylight Saving begins on the last Sunday in September and ends on the first Sunday in April.)

This message was edited Mar 07, 2017.
dmos01

Posted Oct 27, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
Score: 1
  • dmos01
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2015
  • Score: 1
Another vote for moving the add task button back to the left. Also the merging of add task and quick add as per your survey does make a lot of sense.