ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
daniel

Posted Oct 12, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Product Principles
Score: 1
  • daniel
  • Posted: Oct 12, 2018
  • Score: 1
I think what you need is a uservoice style list of the most requested features and get us all to vote. This will determine your dev priorities. Yes, security is a must. As in you monitoring for unusual activities and maybe we are forced to got MFA. I now have a working assumption that passwords can be picked up on networks so you really need multifactor for pretty much everything.
daniel

• daniel
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2018
1. It is very fast esp. Android Ap and easy to use
2. Able to track various tasks against tags, created dates, etc
3. Send to email task add or task create via share on the app + multitask add?
4. Really as a daily todo?

Also, please include:

1. Daniel Westerdale
2. IT , myself
3. IT Conultant
4. over 2 years on and off

New features I would like to see - prettier interface + modern kanban views. More summaries of tasks added. ability to add checklist to tasks

This message was edited Aug 12, 2018.
daniel

Posted Jul 08, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • daniel
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2018
I have used a number of products incl Zenkit, Trello and MS Planner and Todo. Without a doubt all have better looking modern interfaces . Unfortunately, none can touch ToodleDo with it's speed and cost effectiveness. Quite frustrating, as I always come back to ToodleDo.

Features I would add ( as LONG AS ToodleDo IS UNBROKEN)

Check list on a task with auto complete when all tasks are checked.- This is simplified sub tasks

Better Date views - or maybe integration with Outlook or Google Calendar

Kanban views filtered on a tag

@westerdaled

This message was edited Jul 08, 2018.
daniel

• daniel
  • Posted: Aug 14, 2017
As I have few projects on the go, I thought I might Toodledo based on my perceptions. Hopefully, someone might reply and point out the features that will meet my needs , as listed in the cons section below. Alternatively, add further items to the Pros section . The latter could be useful to peeps new to the product. Finally, Toodledo may be a a little dated but it is annoyingly great at what it does and hence, is difficult to replace IMHO!.

PPros

• Inexpensive to start with and has mulit year subscription discounts
• Text based task content only
• Both web site and Mobile App are both fast and intuitive
• Uses Tags and Folders, either of which can be linked to Outlook Categories with 3rd party software
• Can easily create tasks from emails , tweets or website links through the common share function on may apps and web sites
• Has an email to task feature
• Has a daily watch list of higher priority tasks across may task categories or folders
• Has a calendar view for tasks
• Can view tasks , recently added or modified,
• Can import tasks via a CSV
• Has great integration with Pocket Informant the mobile PIM app

Cons

• No Kanban view, popular with products like Trello
• No custom fields e.g. Estimated Time , Actual Time
• Difficulty to manage personal and work based projects
• No automatic rollover of any tasks passed their due date
• Cannot track progress easily across many tasks
• Limited innovation in terms of the UI.
• Limited 3rd Party product integration
daniel

Posted Aug 11, 2017 in: Calendar and Kanban Card View
Score: 0
  • daniel
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2017
  • Score: 0
Hi

I like the usability and lower costs aspect of ToodleDO, However, I am just not so sure about the User interface. Is there a way inc a 3rd party addon that gives a Trelllo like card interface,so I can track my various projects easily . A day calendar view across all projects would be good also

yoke.io is a step in the right direction but the integration is limited.

Daniel
daniel

• daniel
  • Posted: Apr 01, 2017
Hi

I think the question is valid for all 3rd party apps . Should I sync tags or folders - why do one over the other.
daniel

• daniel
  • Posted: Mar 30, 2017
@Ummagumma

That sounds like a plan. The PIA sell from Webis hasn't yielded any improvements in support for PIA iMHO. The lack of alternatives shows nobody is making any real money out fo these apps.
Interesting in what you say bout checklists as these are now implemented in lots of products. I had look at Trello and Office 365 Planner but these more useful for team project work so I was happy to go for 2 years with toodledo . I don't think I can do the bullet style check list in ToodleDo web or Android App?

Adding a task from Outlook 2016 Desktop is an interesting thought yeah floating appts look good to.

Daniel
daniel

• daniel
Hi

I have ToodleDo subscription, GSyncit and Pocket Informant Android (PIA)

I want add add tasks on Outlook 2016 with categories and I sync these to PIA with the correct Tag, and vica versa. If the recommendation is to use Outlook Categories ->Folders on PIA and ToodleDo then please let me know if.

If add ToodleDo tasks via the Add multiple Tasks UI with the desired folder selection (as no Tag dropdown) then I want to auto set the corresponding Tag on the tasks . note I added some tasks with the multi add and they are duplicated on PIA. .

Note, If I could create Checklists in TooodleDo and maybe sync to /from PIA that would be amazing - checklists are one of the most appreciated features of Trello or Office 365 Planner

I welcome your suggestions.

This message was edited Mar 30, 2017.
daniel

• daniel
Hi

If you are talking about PIA support then good luck on that. Fanatic ( about iPhones only ;-)) haven't touched the source code in ages and have only just start working on the new Android version. I had to export and import my settings from my old Note 4 onto my Pixel just to get this to work.

I would add that I have just added multiple tasks for ToodleDo web and they all have appeared with correct due date.

This message was edited Mar 30, 2017.
daniel

• daniel
  • Posted: Mar 20, 2017
Hi @Ummagumma

I feel your pain. I am using the current verion of PIA i.e. the one that hasn't been updated in a year.
It does have Toodledo Sync which works. I am also using Gysncit.

Fanatical ( about iPhones) has only recently made it a priority to product refresh this version.
So to be honest, I would wait and see what the new features are like and how good the support is ( giving the forums were closed down).
I gather the one for the iPhone is feature rich.

I am guessing that the recent the business was sold is they can't have made much money
with infrequent major product releases at $10 - I know they were also plagued by the "download the pirated copy for free brigade"
. Sad fact, is to get the major investment in a product we will need to pay more. Products like Trello, GetPocket et al. seem to go with the
subscription model.

Like you I did look at products out there and even now they don't seem much better than PI.

This message was edited Mar 20, 2017.
daniel

• daniel
  • Posted: Oct 15, 2012
I will also give these recommendation a try on in my Samnsung Note 2. I also know Webis is sheduling a major realease of Pocket Informant for Android aka PIA 3.0 ( currently in alpha) which will really make use of ICS+, JB . This will incl the ToodleDo sync of course as well as access the thu usual day/week/month schedules

Daniel

Posted by ben:
[quote]Posted by paoli.renzo:

<DIV class=quote>I would you suggest you to try Ultimate To-Do List and Due Today.

So far in extensive research i found both are the best one available for any Toodledo user looking for an Android app.

Regards

Renzo[/quote]

+1 the above along with a free app called ToodleTask which is a widget that gives you simple fast new task entry to your inbox.[/quote]

This message was edited Oct 15, 2012.