ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jdaniel1"
jdaniel1

Score: 0
  • jdaniel1
  • Posted: Apr 24, 2010
  • Score: 0
I am updating my own thread, as I ended up finding the solution. ;-)

What I did was copy the folder c:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\ToodledoSyncApp

from my old computer to the new one. I overwrote what was there after installing toodledosync.

Worked like a champ.
jdaniel1

• jdaniel1
  • Posted: Apr 23, 2010
I have over 1000 outlook tasks, spread out over a dozen different folders/categories. These have been successfully sync'd back and forth with Toodledo.com and my desktop's Outlook 2007.

I have recently upgraded my computer. When I tried to sync for the first time, it created duplicate tasks on both toodledo and outlook. This will be a royal pain to manually correct, especially as I don't know which one to delete, as they are identical. It is even complicated further as I have so many! The following is a snippet of a task which is on both Toodledo and Outlook. The end result are two identical entries on both Toodledo and Outlook.

SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : OutlookTaskProcessor:CreateTaskItemFromTask(): creating Outlook task from ToodleTask: 43693083 [Media Room HTPC]
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : OutlookTaskProcessor:UpdateTaskItemFromTask(): updating Outlook task from ToodleTask: 43693083 [Media Room HTPC]
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : TaskSyncContext:switchState() moving to state SyncStateSynched

Is there a way to "copy" the sync database from my original installation, and reuse it for the new computer? That way it will recognize that the tasks have already been sync'd.

Thanks!
jdaniel1

• jdaniel1
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2009
Did all of your existing sync's to toodledo.com still work? I have been having a world of hurt since the upgrade to the RTM version of Windows 7. I did a fresh install of windows 7. I then used the windows transfer wizard to get my files and settings transferred over from my vista install. I installed outlook 2007 and toodledosync, then started syncing. I forgot to check the "map categories to folder", so initially got stuff sync'd to the "No Folder" folder. I deleted everything, and restarted. Now i was getting duplicate and triplicate tasks on the cloud, which I could not delete, as it might end up deleting the task back in outlook.

Anyways, I have to uninstalled toodledosync, rebooted then blew away the toodledosync directories. I deleted all stuff from my toodledo web account. I installed toodledosync again, and am trying to sync up again. Fingers crossed that it works this time, and I don't get these 2x & 3x tasks on the cloud.
jdaniel1

Posted Aug 25, 2009 in: Not all Outlook Tasks being Sync'd
  • jdaniel1
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2009
Cool, it looks like that was the default. Now to figure out what I need to do to insure that my toodledoo.com updated tasks get sync'd to my desktop outlook. I click on manual-sync, but it makes no difference. I even have the interval set to 15.
jdaniel1

Posted Aug 24, 2009 in: Not all Outlook Tasks being Sync'd
  • jdaniel1
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2009
Well, it looks like they've finally all made it up to toodledo! It took over a week, but they are all there now. I have about 1000 tasks. Good news is that some tasks that I just added/updated on my desktop this morning, are already sync'd. Now I will start testing making changes, and seeing if everything stays in sync.

I know this has nothing to do with the outlook sync, but I am worried what happens if an individual task gets truncated due to max numumber of characters? Will the copy in my desktop version of outlook still be safe? I'm afraid to edit those that are online.
jdaniel1

Posted Aug 18, 2009 in: Not all Outlook Tasks being Sync'd
  • jdaniel1
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2009
I just signed up for Toodledo & installed ToodledoSync on my Vista machine. I am hoping to use Toodledo as a way to view my Outlook Tasks on my new iPhone (still can't believe this feature is not built-in, like it has been forever on a Palm!). I installed the desktop application and everything appeared to work fine. However, when I log into the toodledo "cloud", I see many of my tasks, but not all of them. The folders are maintained, but many of the tasks are just not there. In some cases, I see 200 in a folder, while another folder only has one or zero (versus 300+ in outlook). I keep the tasks around, even though they are no longer have deadlines, which is why i have so many. I've got no filters on, so nothing is hidden. The empty folders is indeed strange, as i see them right there in outlook! I've waited a couple of days, so everything should have sync'd already.

What could I be doing wrong? I have not even attempted to sync to my iPhone yet, as I need the toodledo.com version to have what I need.

Thanks!
jdaniel1

Posted Aug 17, 2009 in: Not all Outlook Tasks being Sync'd
  • jdaniel1
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2009
I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum! It should have been in the Questions forum. If a moderator could move this, I would appreciate it! Thanks!
jdaniel1

Posted Aug 17, 2009 in: Not all Outlook Tasks being Sync'd
  • jdaniel1
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2009
I just signed up for this the other day, hoping to use Toodledo as a way to have my Outlook Tasks on my new iPhone. I installed the desktop application and everything appeared to work fine. However, when I log into the "cloud", I see many of my tasks, but not all of them. The folders are maintained, but many of the tasks are just not there. In some cases, I see 200 in a folder, while another folder only has one (versus 300+ in outlook). I keep the tasks around, even though they are no longer have deadlines, which is why i have so many.

What could I be doing wrong? I have not even attempted to sync to my iPhone yet, as I need the toodledo.com version to have what I need.

Thanks!