ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
aaron.c.salls

Posted Jan 02, 2019 in: Email not changed
Score: 0
Hi there, can you email me directly at [email protected]? Want to get some more info from you on the email addresses to understand why that didn't flow through all the way.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Nov 30, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: November 2018
Score: 4
Hey hey,

Aaron here.

It's been a busy November for us, but here's our latest monthly update on the highlights of what we've been working on. Since we shared our 6-month plans last month, the team’s been heads down on recruiting engineering help, building new features, and solving several longstanding issues and bugs.

So let’s just get right to it.

Rollover overdue tasks
One of the most common frustrations I’ve heard from users is how irritating and time-consuming it is updating all the tasks they didn’t get to yesterday. Isn’t this why we switched from paper and pencil task lists?

We think it should be easier. So we’ve added a setting to automatically roll over overdue tasks to today. You can enable or disable this via a pop-under or in settings under “Overdue tasks”.

We recommend folks who follow Michael Linenberger's MYN or 1MTD methodologies to disable this feature.

End of month recurrence
Many apps allow you to pick the day of the month for a monthly recurring task.

But this doesn’t work for the end of month tasks because the last day of the month can land between the 28th and the 31st.

Now, you’ll be able to set tasks to automatically recur on the last workday of each month or the last day of each month. No more disappearing monthly tasks when you schedule it on the 31st.

Non-profit pricing
We're excited to share that we're launching a Toodledo for Nonprofits program. More details on the program on the program can be found here.

What next?
Next up are much-requested Google calendar and iCalendar improvements. These will be in beta in the first half of February.

We’ve also begun rolling out new content on our blog (including power tips shared by several of our users) and are launching case studies to share how different power users get more done with Toodledo next week.

Finally, we are wrapping up improvements that will also go into effect on January 1st with the new plans, such as improved billing and bringing collaboration to free plans.

The rest of our plans and roadmap are up on the feature request board that we shared last month. As we’ve mentioned, we’re looking to create new ways to give folks a preview into what the team’s working on and for you to share feedback with us.

Hiring
So good news, bad news.

The good news is we’ve brought on a part-time web developer (Leonel) with experience on our stack in late-November, so we’ll make faster progress on our engineering roadmap and have more technical bandwidth on the operations front.

The bad news is our mobile developer had to take a step back from work to give his full attention to a personal situation. So, we’re hitting pause on our mobile app development until we get the right things in place.

Anything else?
As we mentioned above, if you know someone who’s a talented web developer or mobile developer, we’d really appreciate it if you could refer them to us. More help will enable us to pull more features into the roadmap timeline.

If there’s something you didn’t see or if you have feedback, you can reach me at [email protected] or call me directly at 703-628-3068 (PST, in case you reach voicemail).

Best,
Aaron
aaron.c.salls

Hi, we believe we've found the root issue and put a fix into place. If you see a duplicate reminder for your hotlist tomorrow, please post here or email me directly ([email protected]) so we can re-open the issue.
aaron.c.salls

Hi Leslie, we believe we've found the root issue and put a fix into place. If you see another duplicate reminder tomorrow, please post here or email me directly ([email protected]) so that we can re-open the issue.
aaron.c.salls

Hi everyone, we believe we've found the root issue and put a fix into place. If you see a duplicate reminder, please post here or email me directly ([email protected]) and we can re-open the issue.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Nov 01, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Roadmap
Hi everyone,

Aaron here. I come with an exciting announcement.

So let’s just get to it.

ROADMAP
As promised, we are sharing more on our 6-month plans.

This is the natural extension of the feature request board and roadmap that we created last month. We did this to give you all a peek into what the team’s cooking up and create a better channel for you to share feedback with us as we build Toodledo.

You can click into the cards to see more details, see what others in the community are saying, and add your voice and vote to the feature set. You can also sign up to get beta access here.

We are focused on the following:
+ Easier task input and access: We’re prioritizing getting mobile apps, voice input, smartwatch apps, calendar integrations, and task sharing so that you can get tasks into one central location even faster and never fall behind on your to-do list, no matter where you go
+ Better usability for managing tasks: Starting with batch edit or to drag-and-drop within a view to get the order you want. Also, you’ll start to see Toodledo do more heavy lifting to reduce redundant tasks like moving overdue tasks from yesterday or helping you identify and prune long overdue tasks
+ New educational tools to get more out of your features: As I’ve talked with many of you directly, I’ve realized that many folks have asked for functionality we already have! So we’re going to create new content and default settings that highlight these so that you can get the most out of Toodledo

This quarter, we are developing new native mobile apps, Toodledo University, Google Calendar and iCal 2-way sync, smarter bulk editing of overdue tasks, improved payments and much more. The projects in progress will launch before the end of the year.

Next quarter, we have many more exciting items planned, such as voice app integrations with Alexa and Google Home, overhauled collaboration features, full multi-select for batch edit, and UX enhancements, just to name a few.

Some more help?
If you know someone who’s a talented web developer, we’d really appreciate it if you could refer them to us. Another web developer would allow us to pull more features into the roadmap timeline.

If there’s something you didn’t see or if you have feedback, you can reach me at [email protected] or call me directly at 703-628-3068 (PDT, in case you reach voicemail).

Thanks always,
Aaron

This message was edited Nov 01, 2018.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Nov 01, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Posted by frogboy:
@Aaron: does that mean that due improvements to iCal and google cal sync won’t be applied to my silver subscription? And I will still have legacy features for a good while yet? Or will legacy subscribers enjoy new features and improvements as they roll out.

Desperately need iCal feeds/folder and /saved search - that is available in RTM for free.....

It's the latter case -- the new features rolling, such as iCal improvements and Google 2-way sync, will be available to subscribers. Having a Silver or Gold plan extending past 1/1/19 does not preclude you from the features the team is working on.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 30, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Anthony Taylor
Posted: 2 days ago
@Aaron I understand the payment structure doesn't change while the current subscription lasts, but what about the features of the original subscription that was paid for?

Sure, I can clarify that. The existing features of your subscription won't change through the duration of your current subscription period.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 26, 2018 in: Main tasks page outage?
Closing the loop here, we've seen everything return to normal on our monitoring and in the meantime we haven't heard any additional reports of errors. Please let us know if you experience any further problems.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 26, 2018 in: Toodledo Unscheduled Maintenance
Closing the loop here, we've seen everything return to normal on our monitoring and we haven't heard any further reports of errors. Please let us know if you experience any further problems.
aaron.c.salls

Hi all,

We have the new build out and we've confirmed with several users that it is now working, but if you still see an issue let us know. We will reply here again once we're certain the issue is closed out.

Thanks,
Aaron
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 26, 2018 in: Toodledo Unscheduled Maintenance
Hi all,

The team is aware of the outage on the new tasks page.

We have the new build out and we've confirmed with several users that it is now working, but if you still see an issue let us know. We will reply here again once we're certain the issue is closed out.

Thanks,
Aaron
aaron.c.salls

Hi everyone,

Thank you for chiming in. The team's aware of the issue and working on a fix. We'll share an update shortly once we've pushed the fix out.

Thanks,
Aaron
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 25, 2018 in: New Privacy Policy: Advertisements
Score: 3
Posted by Ummagumma:

Hi Aaron,

It would help if you provide clear language on how the task data is being used and whom is it being shared with.

Thanks for the feedback. We cover how we use tasks data in two points:

+ "If you elect to send a list or task from the website or mobile application to another user, we will transmit your name and email along with the list or task you requested to that user."

+ "The website and mobile application may provide links to other websites or resources, including apps developed by third parties using the Toodledo API that may integrate with our website and mobile application, over which Toodledo does not have control ('External Websites'). Such links do not constitute an endorsement by Toodledo of those External Websites, and Toodledo is providing these links to you only as a convenience. We are not responsible for the content of those External Websites, and your use of External Websites is subject to their respective terms of use and privacy policies."

In both these cases, any task data is shared if and only if a user takes explicit action to share the data (either to collaborate with another user, or to use a third-party app or integration).

This message was edited Oct 25, 2018.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 25, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
Posted by Curt:
SECURITY/PRIVACY ALERT!!!

Much more important than the super steep price increase with reduced benefits that has been announced despite the reassurance from Sam three months ago that current user pricing would be essentially grandfathered in, (“Please note that there is no plan to increase the price of current paying users.“) is HUGE tidbit that wasn’t announced, emailed or highlighted, but appears to have been already implemented under the radar….

YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS BEING OR IS GOING TO BE SOLD!!

According to the other thread started in this forum here: (https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26265/0/new-privacy-policy-advertisements.html), it appears Toodledo is now going to be selling our personal data/profile to advertisers! I have been a loyal Silver user for 10 years with two other collaborator accounts, but you breach the trust of my personal privacy and I'm out of here. I don't care if the price is free! It's a non-negotiable! Make sure you read you read the old and new privacy policy linked below. I was not notified of any upcoming privacy policy change! There is no “Opt Out” function to keep my data from being shared. I never did, or would, authorize my data to be analyzed and shared to any third party for marketing or any other purpose where there is an additional risk of another data breach like we’ve seen in recent news!

Aaron, is this really true?? Was sharing our data the real reason for the purchase? Please say it isn’t so. I, like most every user, do not want my personally identifiable information shared with anyone! Opt me out! With the amount of super detailed and personal information that many of us trust to be safe inside this software, I believe you will have you a large falling out of users, like me, that will move to another option where our private data is kept private. Would you consider immediately reinstating and honoring the old privacy policy that was in place and that all of the loyal Toodledo customers over the years counted on to keep our data safe? Please let know asap.

No, your personal data is not being sold, nor will it be sold.

I want to set the record straight. We’re updating our Policies to reflect changes in data privacy laws. We’ve added details about your ability to manage the information you share with us, and the new tools we’ve created to help you do that.

This updated Policy will give you more control over your information and more clearly explains how we use it. Our core commitments regarding your privacy haven’t changed.

+ We are not adding advertising to Toodledo. We strongly believe the existing subscription model is the best model for us and our users, and it's why we doubled down on it versus even considering adding advertising as a business model to Toodledo
+ We are using paid acquisition to grow our new user base, which includes advertising to our target audience. We’ve mentioned this in the past here and here. The new policies covers the tools we use to target and track conversion and ROI of these marketing efforts.

Thanks,
Aaron
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 25, 2018 in: New Privacy Policy: Advertisements
Hi everyone,

I want to set the record straight. We’re updating our Policies to reflect changes in data privacy laws. We’ve added details about your ability to manage the information you share with us, and the new tools we’ve created to help you do that.

This updated Policy will give you more control over your information and more clearly explains how we use it. Our core commitments regarding your privacy haven’t changed.

+ We are not adding advertising to Toodledo. We strongly believe the existing subscription model is the best model for us and our users
+ We are using paid acquisition to grow our new user base, which includes advertising to our target audience. We’ve mentioned this in the past here and here. The new language covers the tools we use to target and track conversion and ROI of these marketing efforts.

Thanks,
Aaron

This message was edited Oct 25, 2018.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 24, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 2
Posted by Khalid J Hosein:

...One question: New pricing kicks in Jan 1, but what if you current Silver/Gold subscription runs past that date? What happens?

Thanks!

Thanks for the question. If you have a subscription that runs past 1/1/19, these plan changes will not affect your current pricing schedule throughout the duration of your current subscription; you will keep your current plan until your next renewal date.
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 23, 2018 in: Future Plans
Hi all,

We've shared an update and to make things easier to follow, we'll be consolidating these discussions onto that thread.

Thanks,
Aaron
aaron.c.salls

Posted Oct 23, 2018 in: Task notes disappearing on 1st Jan?
Hi all,

We've shared an update and to make things easier to follow, we'll be consolidating these discussions onto that thread.

Thanks,
Aaron
aaron.c.salls

Hi all,

Thanks,
Aaron
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next