Search results for "Posted by "
DougLoyd

Posted Nov 29, 2012 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 3
  • DougLoyd
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2012
  • Score: 3
Posted by ricardo_1339594564:
I just registered today but I'm going to cancel my account right now. I know this will get down voted to hell but I'm just trying to help. I could very well just go away without saying anything but I realize that the best way for me to help is to explain why I'm leaving and hope that Toodledo has improved the next time I try it.

First, and most important to me is that the design of this site makes me not want to use it. I know, I know, "it works, who cares how it looks like". Well, not everybody experiences the world in the same way, and for me the design and look is a very important part of the experience. Still think that it's irrelevant? If that was true then most dektop environments would still be using motif because "it works". I also know this redesign is only 1 year old, but trust me, it was already dated back then. It looks and feels like something from the early years of the century. Things have moved on since then so something like Toodledo really stands out (in a bad way). The color scheme in particular is it's biggest flaw for me. The site is all very dull but at the same time with some (seemingly random) colors that stand out for no reason like the deep dark blue on the task bar with tiny pixelated icons. I'm sure that worked fine when we were all using 17" 1024x768 screens. Everything is squished together without any room to breathe. It feels crowded even with a few tasks, I can't imagine the mess it would be if it was full of tasks.

Apart from that I can see there are some very useful functions but I wouldn't even consider paying for the pro version because I can't stand to look at the site. Also it seems there isn't an official Android app which is also a major turn off.

Good luck.

I agree completely with comments made by by ricardo_1339594564. To illustrate his point, I would recommend the developers at TD, look at the interface of competitors like Wunderlist. (Yes, Wunderlist is missing some key functionality, HOWEVER the interface is really top notch.) TD's main website looks like something from the early 2000's.

Like ricardo_1339594564, I provide this feedback to help your company out. Other than the site's rather "ugly" interface, ToodleDo is a top-notch product especially when it comes to overall features. However, like buying a car, the look and styling are JUST as important as what's under the hood for most people.

Thanks for allowing me to provide this feedback and I hope you find it helpful.