ForumsQuestionsnot seeing all Repeating Task options

not seeing all Repeating Task options
ejuttner1

Posted: Dec 31, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
Hi all, I'm looking for help on the repeating task feature.

The Jan '19 blog post on repeating tasks (https://blog.toodledo.com/toodledo-repeat-tasks/) has a gif which shows the feature in action. The example shows a field called "Repeat" which can be used as a drop-down list or for free form text, and another field called "Repeat From". The Help / FAQ area gives more detail on how to use them. Good so far.

The problem is I don't see this functionality when I use Toodledo. "Repeat" has been selected as a field / function in the settings. When I edit my tasks there is only a "Repeat" field, there is no "Repeat From" field. And the "Repeat" field isn't a drop-down or free text field. It open an options box with a limited set of options such as no repeat, repeat every X days, repeat on specific weekdays, and a couple of others. Basically it's nothing like the UI in the blog post or described in the Help / FAQ section. I've tried the old and new UI's and there's no difference.
J O D

Posted: Jan 01, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
The old screenshot is a drop down list which has Repeat From "Due Date" and "Date Completed" - these are the two options you have in the new layout as independent buttons. You did not loose any functionality. E. g. quaterly is reached by "Each 3 months"... It is more flexible, in fact (any number of days/weeks/months/years instead of textual limited options).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.