ForumsQuestionsHigh Priority changing to Top

High Priority changing to Top
rupert_3

Posted: Aug 21, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
I use Toodedo on iPhone and in a browser and use Gsyncit to sync with Outlook on my PC. I only use High,Medium and Low priority but on occasion I am finding Toodledo has converted some of the Tasks to Top priority and I don't know what I am doing that is causing that. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I am also occasionally getting duplicates. I only ever run Gsyncit on one PC but it is a bit of a pain.
jesse

Posted: Aug 25, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
I'm betting gsyncit is the issue -- have found it does some weird things behind the scenes when it can't figure out how to make a square peg fit in a round hole. I use it for contacts and if i change something like phone label "mobile" to "john", it messes with the phone numbers and puts them in weird categories. whether you synch those toodledo categories/priorities or not gsynchit/outlook seem to like to pick fights each other.

same with start date/due date -- outlook/gsync/toodledo do some very weird things mainly because of the way outlook wants to manhandle those for you.

I stopped using outlook tasks when i moved to toodledo simply because i was spending way too much time trying to figure out how three categories in outlook was mapping to five in toodledo and the start date/due date issue in outlook. I was a real outlook tasks guru/aficionado but cut the outlook tasks cord about five years ago. I hated doing it but haven't really thought about it in a while.

so for desktop i moved to taskunifier about the same time (old version, the new version is still a Work in progress and has too many bugs) and couldn't be happier .

but if you need to stay in outlook you might want to reach out to the gsyncit support team. have found them usually very helpful in sorting these issues out -- sometimes they can control it -- sometimes they can't (like google demising contacts API for new people API for example)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.