ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by dr_1695547190"
dr_1695547190

Posted Oct 09, 2023 in: How to setup toodledo for GTD
Score: 0
Not sure what is happening with Toodledo

I posted this a week ago - no reply

I put a request into support for guidance on setting up Toodledo consistent with GTD - no reply

Will look elsewhere
dr_1695547190

Posted Oct 01, 2023 in: How to setup toodledo for GTD
Score: 0
My name is gary and I am in Australia and i run a large farm

I have been trialling toodledo and am contemplating buying a subscription

i am an expert GTD user but I am not sure how to set it up in toodledo

the windows browser version i have downloaded seems to use folders for the GTD categories (inbox, next, someday/maybe, agendas etc) but this limits the filtering i can do with tags. An important context is sunny/dry, wet, windy because this determines the kind of work i can do on the farm. but the way tags seem to be setup I cant "cut and dice" my actions very well. In other words, i want to separate my life into farm cattle, farm repairs and admin (tax, payments, etc), my counselling studies, and family but this seems to belong in folders but they are already used by the GTD categories. So i am confused. I looked in the guides and the forum for any documentation but found none. I also looked on the david allen shop but there is no GTD guide.

Appreciate any suggestions

One thing i like is the spreadsheet columns main view. However, it seems to me there should be multiple filters available which can be custom named and setup with their own user-definable value list. In the tranition from paper to software david allen seems to have overlooked that there is no need to distinguish contexts and tags. The design of toodledo does get the GTD horizons right which is an achievement most other GTD software has either got wrong or ignored

warm regards/gary

warm regards/gary