ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign (Phase 2)

Toodledo Redesign (Phase 2)
CharleneTX

Posted: Feb 11, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Jake:
Clicking the "Tasks" tab to refresh the list should work again. Thanks for letting us know about this bug.

I had to sign out and back in, but it's working again. Thanks for fixing it so quickly!
Chris

This is new: warning triangle on the HTTPS padlock in Chrome, details:

Your connection to www.toodledo.com is encrypted with 128-bit encryption. However, this page includes other resources which are not secure. These resources can be viewed by others while in transit and can be modified by an attacker to change the look of hte page.

The connection uses TLS 1.0.

The connection is encrypted using AES_128_CBC, with SHA1 for message authentication and DHE_RSA as the key exchange mechanism.

Doesn't appear here in the forums, only on a task page.

This message was edited Feb 11, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The SSL warning was because one of our background images wasnt being encrypted. The rest of the page was encrypted so you are safe. Its fixed now if you reload the page.

This message was edited Feb 11, 2015.
obetz

Posted: Feb 12, 2015
What exactly is the goal of the redesign?

For example, what is the benefit of the small triangle over the white tab?
Bridget K

The goal during this stage of the redesign is to simplify the design and create a fully responsive website. Changes are to be released in increments that are unobtrusive to the users current workflow.

The new navigation in this release becomes evident when viewed in small browser windows or devices.
jkirk

Score: 2 Reference
The bookmarklet does not seem to work anymore. The following error is shown:

"Oops. It looks like your web browser is not loading our website correctly. Trying to reload..."

Please fix the problem. I heavily rely on this feature!

Nevertheless: thank you for you work on toodledo. I love it!
Chris

Yep, that's better, thanks - I realised that was probably why, but it's a nuisance when this happens with encrypted websites since the user can't tell what it is that isn't being encrypted, or whether the thing that the developer thinks isn't being encrypted is the thing that *actually* isn't being encrypted!

Thanks again for sorting quickly.
Thomas R

Looks really nice, but no matter how high my browser window is (even in full screen mode), the page never quite fits. The footer is only partially visible, and there is an unnecessary scroll bar visible. System: OS X 10.10.2 with Safari 8.0.3 and site specific Fluid browser. Screenshots here:

Safari in window mode: http://picpaste.com/Window-0Il0K7kg.png
Safari in full screen mode: http://picpaste.com/Fullscreen-vWuA6M52.png

Seems to happen only on the tasks tab. The notes tab works OK.

I also noted that Toodledo displays the browser plugin warning in Safari when the totally unrelated extension "FastestTube" is active.

Thanks for fixing this.

This message was edited Feb 12, 2015.
deguir

It's getting all nice. Congratulations!
In Outlines and Lists, the left spacing this very small, very near the top of the screen, see:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/axwuuif1ht4bf0i/lists.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jygwo7aqz3wkhpr/outlines.jpg?dl=0
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Bookmarket should be fixed now.
Emmanuel Guyot

Thank you for this new design.

Though it would be great that the zone where we click/touch the main tabs would be taller.
Here are an example to improve :
.btn_task, .btn_note {
padding-bottom: 20px;
padding-top: 20px;
}

Emmanuel Guyot
coolexplorer

The Phase-2 design changes look good (more neat and professional).
A plugin Warning with read exclamation mark says "you can disable it if everything looks Ok. How? I cant get rid of it!
Excited about the upcoming changes in the Task section. Hope you add some color where it increases functionality :))
c5000nc

Newly formatted headings are covering up the upper left and upper right info I use constantly. It also makes It difficult to see these headings now because they are on top of other words. I use Explorer 11, Windows 7 and a 17" screen. This is a degradation of ToodleDo until this is corrected.
c5000nc

This happens only with Tasks and Notes, not the other sections.
Posted by c5000nc:
Newly formatted headings are covering up the upper left and upper right info I use constantly. It also makes It difficult to see these headings now because they are on top of other words. I use Explorer 11, Windows 7 and a 17" screen. This is a degradation of ToodleDo until this is corrected.
graffen9

My task list now starts below whatever is in the left ("View By") sidebar (folders, due dates, tags, etc) rather than displaying alongside it like it used to. I have this problem at 1024x768 resolution plus one Zoom In (cntrl++) in Firefox 31.4 on CentOS Linux/KDE. If I don't zoom, it displays properly but I can't see it well with my poor eyesight. Previously zoom did not displace the task list like this. Please advise - I love Toodledo!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
c5000nc: Can you please post a screenshot in a support ticket so that we can see what you are describing. I don't understand.

graffen9: We will look into fixing the glitch that occurs in Firefox when the default font size is increased by several sizes.
Ann M

Posted: Feb 13, 2015
I went into Toodledo this morning to find that the "help and forums" section was moved and I LOVE it. So much more appropriate. The fact that it was on the same hierarchy tab as my tasks, notes, etc. always bothered me. Thanks so much and I look forward to seeing more small changes that make a big difference.

Ann
BDWatson

Posted: Feb 13, 2015
Hi Jake -

The visual and usability improvements on Toodledo to-date have been very well implemented. However, as one of your Gold members, I wanted to say that I am more than a little bit nervous about what might happen when you get to the point where you're making changes to the Task screens.

I have never been one to shy away from change and improvement. But, that having been said, as far as I am concerned, the Toodledo tasks screens are already perfect. I utilize a lot of different fields, and have a widescreen monitor. As a result, I am able to view all of the fields for any given task at the same time. Having all of that task detail available at the same time allows me to very quickly and easily mark things off, modify tasks, or add new tasks as I make my way through my day. It is not an exaggeration for me to say that I really do not know how I could get through my day without Toodledo. I have tried many different online task managers, and while others may admittedly be prettier, in my opinion none of the others come even close in terms of efficiency.

As such, I get a little nervous each time I read that you are going to make changes. I am not in the tech industry and I do not know anything about programming, so I would never dream of telling you how to do your job. Instead, I simply ask (indeed, beg) that you please keep efficiency in mind and not allow aesthetics to trump efficiency on the task screens.

Thanks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.