ForumsNewsHabits Update

Habits Update
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 11, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Along with our redesign progress announced today, we are also releasing the next update to Habits. We have made the following improvements.

1) You can now intentionally fail a checkbox habit. This will immediately take it out of your inbox. When you look at your history for the habit, you'll now be able to distinguish between "forgot to log it" and "failed to do it" which is an important distinction.

2) Pie charts are now color coded to match the colors used for habits.

3) Line graphs now scale better by calculating the minimum and maximum values and adjusting the graph to display as much detail as possible

4) Dividers on the left side can now be collapsed by clicking on them

These changes are available now on the website and will be available in our iOS and Android apps soon.

This message was edited Feb 11, 2015.
AA

I can see the new option to "fail" a checkbox habit now. Thank you.

However, we absolutely also need the ability to fail a number or rating habit, too. The reasons for that were explained at length in the original Habits thread, for example here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/19956/-93222/read.html#jump Please add these options as well. Otherwise, the Inbox still remains cluttered... For further discussion, please see here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/19956/-93749/read.html#jump

The piechart on the Habits Dashboard continues displaying data that are wildly off-base.

AA

Posted by Jake:
3) Line graphs now scale better by calculating the minimum and maximum values and adjusting the graph to display as much detail as possible

Thank you, that is appreciated. However, here is what my body weight line graph looks like now:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10440809/misc/body_weight-Toodledo_Habits.png

The day-to-day variations in body weight are perfectly visible now (and I'm embarrassed to see them – too much sedentary work lately), but the numeric values along the Y axis are rather humorous. :-) I believe a good rule of thumb might be: use the same number of decimals along the Y axis that the user employs in tracking the habit. I track my body weight in kilograms with one decimal number, so I think that that (= one decimal number at most) would be acceptable along the Y axis as well. Although the most common-sense solution here really would be just 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, etc.

For a different number Habit of mine, I never use decimals to track it. Yet the line graph does show me decimals (only one) along the Y axis for that particular Habit. That definitely seems excessive. If a user never employs decimals for tracking a particular Habit, then I think no decimals should be used in the Y axis in the line graph for that particular Habit, either.

4) Dividers on the left side can now be collapsed by clicking on them

Hmmm... Somehow I don't understand what is meant by "dividers on the left side". (?) No big deal.

Jake

Toodledo Founder
The crazy decimal places in the graph should be fixed now.
AA

Thank you, the line graph is almost perfect now. It now correctly shows one decimal in the Y axis for a habit that I track using numbers with one decimal; and it shows no decimals in the Y axis for habits that I don't track using decimals.

A cosmetic issue: the left-most number in the Y axis appears to be partly cut off for certain screen resolutions/window sizes:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10440809/misc/body_weight-Toodledo_Habits2.png

I tried this in several browsers with several window sizes, and the fault is apparently there whenever my browser window is taller than it is wide. If I make the browser window wider than it is tall, then there is no cut-off. Or, to put it differently: if my browser window is in landscape orientation, there is no cut-off. But if it's in portrait orientation, you can see the cut-off as in the screenshot.

That's happening on my main Windows 7 working machine with a huge 30-inch monitor (2560 x 1600 pixels resolution). On the iPad, the left-most number in the Y axis is partly cut off in all situations (both landscape and portrait) when I visit the regular Toodledo Habits webpage there with any iPad browser.

Bridget K

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by AA:

Hmmm... Somehow I don't understand what is meant by "dividers on the left side". (?) No big deal.

This refers to headers over the "inbox" "completed" and "failed" sections of the blue sidebar to the left. If you don't want to see habits in that section you may now collapse them to reduce clutter and focus on what you need to.
AA

Thank you for the explanation, Bridget. That's very neat.

(And congratulations on the first steps in site overhaul! Looks really fresher and cleaner now, especially the new site navigation bar at the top. I'm also noticing more distinct typefaces and buttons in the Notes section, etc. Good stuff.)
Bridget K

Thank you, and congratulations to you for being so proactive in maintaining good habits. Hearing detailed feedback and experience is very helpful to the design process.
fiona.c

Posted: May 07, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Hum, I'm a bit confronted by the "FAILED" as the only option for not doing a habit. I have several that are alternate days (eg Gym M,W,F and walk T, Th) so I havent 'failed' these by not doing, nor have a i forgotten to log them. I am just not scheduled to do them.

I know you have not gone down the non-every-day habit path... but could I ask that a simple 'not today' flag be exchanged for 'failed' - its soooo negative. too. I tried it and immediately un-crossed the habit as it was soooo the wrong message for me. It falls in the 'beating myself up' bucket instead of simply acknowledging a miss and moving on.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 08, 2015
We plan to allow habits to be not every day. This is on our to-do list for sure.
Tacuchian

Posted: May 11, 2015
What about the piechart on the Habots dashboard? At the beginning of the day, before logging on any habit as done, the dashboard shows a number of habits (in green in the piechart) as already logged. Is this a bug being worked on?

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 11, 2015
Are the ones showing as logged the ones that you completed the previous day?
jaffa_brown

Posted: Jul 10, 2015
Just started using Habits, and in CHROME there are a couple of problems...

1) When you create a habit (the first one) and press Start Habit, the habit box is closed, but the habit does not appear on the dashboard - you have to reload (click on tasks then back to habits) for it to appear
2) After you save a habit, the habit seems to be saved with a title (or at least displayed as) $SCOPE (which I think is you javascript variable name)..

Screen scrape is as follows:

HABITS INBOX (1)

$SCOPE
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 10, 2015
@jaffa_brown I was not able to reproduce these errors. Can you please create a support ticket and attach a screenshot that shows the problems for me?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.