ForumsNewsToodledo for Apple Watch

Toodledo for Apple Watch
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 13, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
@kentpavelka can you please make a support ticket so that we can address your individual issue.
moshner

Posted: Jul 17, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
I too would love an integration with pebble. This is how I would hope to use it.

1) Show list of actions based on a saved search - Most Important
2) Add a task via voice
3) Mark actions as completed from list above
4) Pin tasks to pebble timeline based on start date and time

I mentioned saved search in particular because I use one particular saved search repeatedly as my 'tickler' file in GTD. If I can't view a saved search list but another list it would be OKAY for me, but I might not use the app until saved searches are available.
andreas.viering

Posted: Jul 23, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
I also would like to see support for Pebble time
Frances_Cozy_Cove

Posted: Jul 23, 2015
I just got a Pebble Time watch and would love to see a ToodleDo app for Pebble.
ken.michaud

Posted: Jul 24, 2015
Score: -1 Reference
Apple Watches are shipping at a rate of ~4M units per quarter - 75% of the market.

Pebble, Sony, and all other non-Apple/Samsung smart watch manufacturers combined shipped under a million units this quarter - 17% of the market.

Please don't waste your limited energies on developing apps for products that hold a small and shrinking minority of an already tiny market (smart watches). There is far too much that still needs to be done on your core apps.

This message was edited Jul 24, 2015.
Brianus

Posted: Jul 29, 2015
Posted by Jake:
Currently, the phone app is in charge of updating the watch. This is how Apple has designed it to work. For this reason, the app must be launched for the hotlist to be updated and the new numbers to be sent to the watch. I know this isn't perfect, and Apple is planning to change this in the next update to the Apple Watch.

I know the watch has to communicate with its host iPhone app and vice-versa to do anything useful. However, other apps have managed to get it work in such a way that doesn't require the user to *manually* open the iPhone app in order to push and pull updates to and from the server. Just some examples that I use:

- RunKeeper: saves completed runs to the server as soon as you hit the button on the watch. No direct interaction with phone app required
- Deliveries: automatically refreshes info from the server when opened; also has a button on the watch which manually requests updated info from the server. Items can be archived or deleted from the watch UI
- BBC News, USA Today, NY Times, any number of news apps refresh their watch UIs with new articles without having to open up their iPhone app manually

The trouble is, Toodledo's watch app doesn't do this. It pulls info from the iPhone app, but only whatever was last synced to it (so it can be out of date if the iPhone app hasn't synced in awhile); and the watch app can make changes to the synced list in the iPhone app automatically, but these changes are not actually *applied* (pushed to Toodledo's servers) until the user manually opens the iPhone app. Based on the examples of other apps above, I don't know why this should require an update from Apple in order to improve it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 29, 2015
There are some additional technical reasons why this isn't possible for us right now. It is something that we are planning to address.
Technutz

Posted: Jul 31, 2015
Is it possible to turn off priorities in the hot list settings on the iPhone for the Apple watch? To be productive I only really need to see and work with my overdue and my tasks do for today. On my watch I do not need to see future tasks that have any priority.

Ideally I would like to see just my overdue and my tasks do for today on my watch.

Also:

I am having a problem with using Siri on my Apple watch to create a reminder. When I use Siri on my Apple watch to create a minder and state: "remind me to get milk" siri creates the reminder and Toodleo gets it and creates on my iPhone and on the website from 2 to 6 duplicate tasks that say "get milk". The quantity of duplicate tasks is random and I have been unable to figure out the cause. The duplicate tasks in Toodledo only occur when I dictate to Siri on my Apple watch. It does not occur if I dictate to Siri on my iPhone.

I think the cause might be due to me being a far distance from my phone when creating the reminder on my Apple watch. It may be in queue and when I get close are in range to my phone the sinking may occur that might be causing the duplicates. However this is just a theory and I have been unable to determine or replicate it. It just randomly occurs when I use Siri for reminders on my Apple watch.

Please advise?

This message was edited Jul 31, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 31, 2015
Thanks for the suggestions and bug report. We will investigate.
noondaymoon

Posted: Aug 04, 2015
tim_layton, therick311, Master Brian and Jake.
hi! i made a simple toodledo client app last week. did u try it? https://apps.getpebble.com/applications/55bc456028d7384f3100000b
b.barton.mail

Posted: Sep 02, 2015
Hi, apologies if this has already been mentioned but my priority for the Apple Watch is to be able to choose a Search(view) to drive the tasks on the watch as that will allow me to apply any personal constraints then I just need to be able to check/complete the tasks. Other functionality will be icing on the cake but at the moment I'm using another App which is more customisable despite being a loyal User for the last four years. I'm sure this will come with AW OS2 but just in case.
Many thanks.
michelbjorn

Posted: Sep 07, 2015
Posted by ken.michaud:
Apple Watches are shipping at a rate of ~4M units per quarter - 75% of the market.

Pebble, Sony, and all other non-Apple/Samsung smart watch manufacturers combined shipped under a million units this quarter - 17% of the market.

Please don't waste your limited energies on developing apps for products that hold a small and shrinking minority of an already tiny market (smart watches). There is far too much that still needs to be done on your core apps.

I must echo ken.michaud's request. I myself am a dedicated Pebble Time owner but you can not put resources on such a small implementation when there is a lot more work to be done with your core services.

(Added functionality and increase social interaction is one, faster task enrichment with keyboard shortcuts is another)

This message was edited Sep 07, 2015.
Brianus

Posted: Sep 16, 2015
Posted by michelbjorn:

I must echo ken.michaud's request. I myself am a dedicated Pebble Time owner but you can not put resources on such a small implementation when there is a lot more work to be done with your core services.

(Added functionality and increase social interaction is one, faster task enrichment with keyboard shortcuts is another)

I could not possibly disagree more strongly - I continue using Toodledo despite its ever-expanding plethora of competition because the core services are so strong already, and do things that other task managers can't (how ANYONE uses a todo list that lacks Toodledo's ability to filter out future tasks is beyond me, but as far as I can see, that describes EVERY OTHER app out there). But what I give up in order to get Toodledo's functionality is strong platform support. I weep to see, for instance, Wunderlist's comprehensive support for various platforms, including a very slick Apple Watch app and Mac app (both of which run circles around Toodledo's frankly half-hearted attempts). As far as I'm concerned, Toodledo is feature-complete; it just needs to bring those features to every device.

This message was edited Sep 16, 2015.
geekbob

Posted: Sep 29, 2015
Recently, IDC released data showing that Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) smartwatch will decrease in market share between now and 2019. This year, Apple will command about 58.3% of the smart-wristwear market, with about 13.9 million shipments, according to IDC. But by 2019, that percentage will drop to about 47.4% as the rise of Android-based wearables begins to take off.

I wouldn't call the Android wearables a small portion of the market. I was originally going to buy an Apple watch but had to make an economical change to Android wear due to a job loss. I am very happy with my androidwear device -moto 360- but I'm disappointed that there is no option to add a task from my watch.

I love Toodledo, but will make a change shortly if no support for Android wear is released or third-party solution is available. If anyone knows a third-party solution for adding a Task from a wearable device please post back here. Thank you. Bob
Salgud

Posted by geekbob:
Recently, IDC released data showing that Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) smartwatch will decrease in market share between now and 2019. This year, Apple will command about 58.3% of the smart-wristwear market, with about 13.9 million shipments, according to IDC. But by 2019, that percentage will drop to about 47.4% as the rise of Android-based wearables begins to take off.

"Will decrease" is rather strong language, don't you think? Maybe it should read, "might decrease", based on our predictions.

I wouldn't call the Android wearables a small portion of the market. I was originally going to buy an Apple watch but had to make an economical change to Android wear due to a job loss. I am very happy with my androidwear device -moto 360- but I'm disappointed that there is no option to add a task from my watch.

Ok, so that's one more than before. Not exactly a big hit to Apple, statistically speaking.

People have been predicting falling market share and the demise of Apple for as long as I can remember (I was around when the first Apple computers came out), and today it is the richest company on earth. Predicting their imminent failure puts IDC in the same class as those predicting the end of the world; people who have a 100% failure rate in their predictions.

This message was edited Sep 29, 2015.
Purveyor

Hi Salgud.
Good to see you back here. ;-)
I'm back after trying another online task manager for about a year.

Besides the fact that they can sell 13 million new-model iPhones in three days (which, from a logistical point of view, seems impossible), one of the most incredible things about Apple is that they still haven't created a good task manager. (In fact, it wasn't until iOS 5 that Apple even offered a mobile task manager.)

Well, some people must think that Reminders is good. I wonder how many of Apple's 100,000 employees use it?

Maybe it's better on the Watch ...

This message was edited Sep 29, 2015.
Salgud

Good to see you back also, Purveyor. I've tried a few others in the last few years myself, but keep coming back. Guess I'll have to stick with TD until I retire (2 yrs) since it takes almost that long to get a new one, at this level, sorted out.

As to Reminders, I now use it for my personal task list. It does enough to cover me there. Every once in a while, I try another one, but haven't found anything better for my rather basic personal needs. And I like that it shows up in my Notifications, which is very handy. Could be better, I guess, but could be worse, as evidenced by the others I've tried, like Noti:Do. Same basic features as Reminders, but a far less intuitive interface. Admittedly, I'm not as picky as I used to be with Task Managers. Back in the day, I couldn't have built a doghouse without firing up MS Project. :)
geekbob

Posted: Sep 30, 2015
Salgud >>
"Ok, so that's one more than before. Not exactly a big hit to Apple, statistically speaking.

People have been predicting falling market share and the demise of Apple for as long as I can remember (I was around when the first Apple computers came out), and today it is the richest company on earth. Predicting their imminent failure puts IDC in the same class as those predicting the end of the world; people who have a 100% failure rate in their predictions. "

Please read my previous post again. I am an apple fan that needs to be open to both sides and not blinded by one. And I wanted to buy Apple stock again so bad after my learning curve to android. But, now I see the open side of things and I think they are both great. I truly hope that Apple doesn't disappear, and in no way do I think that Apple will die as their products are great. Not the forum to discuss this.

The point I'm trying to make is that Apple doesn't have ALL of the market so Toodleso should be serving both especially with all of the new weareable devices being released right now. For Toodledo to completely ignore the Android wearable market is disappointing. And I think a mistake.

TOODLEDO - Please release an Android wearable application that will allow the addition of on-the-go tasks and the receipt of task lists. Thank you for your attention!

This message was edited Sep 30, 2015.
Ummagumma

Out there in the wild real world, many if not most of us must use company issued smartphones and the majority of them in my experience have been Androids. And I work for one of the biggest corporations in the US.

The main reason I didn't buy AW is that I am forced to use an Android phone anyway. I did look at Pebble and may end up getting it eventually.

Not supporting Android wear is not a good long term strategy, I'm afraid. Android is there to stay and some or another form of AW will be there. It's just not mainstream yet.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are considering an Android wear app.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.