ForumsNewsImprovements to Tags

Improvements to Tags
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 19, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Today we have added a new page to our "Organize" menu that will allow you to better manage the tags that you use on tasks. With this new page, you can more easily delete a tag, which will remove it from every task that it is on without affecting the task's other tags. In a similar way, you can also rename a tag or combine two tags into one.

In addition, we have increased the maximum length for a task's tag from 64 characters to 250 characters so you can make better use of tags, and we now show the top 100 tags instead of the top 50 tags when in the tag view in the task section.
BDWatson

Awesome, the extra characters for tags will be very useful! Will these sync to the iOS app now, or will that need to be updated first?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The website and Android app will work right now with the new limits. The iOS app will allow you to view your longer tags right now, but will not allow you to create longer tags until the next update.
scottloane

Score: 1 Reference
This is extremely helpful. I use my tags to track who is involved in any project or task. Sometimes that involves multiple people. When someone leaves my office and their position is filled by someone else, I can now transfer all those tags to the new staff member. Fabulous.

The ability to just "clean-up" tags is great too.
jitsu-net

Posted: May 21, 2015
Is there any reference where we can see the limit for the other fields (folders, goals, etc.)? I have been experimenting with folders, and have hit an apparent limitation on the character length.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 21, 2015
Folder names: 64 characters
Context names: 64 characters
Goal names: 250 characters
Location names: 64 characters
Task titles: 250 characters
Note titles: 250 characters
Tags: 250 characters

Also: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#97
Martys To Do

Posted: May 22, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
That is great. Thank you for this enhancement. It will make the tags much more useful and flexible.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.