ForumsNewsIntroducing the Breadcrumb Bar (part 1)

Introducing the Breadcrumb Bar (part 1)
mjStallinger

Posted: Sep 16, 2015
Score: 3 Reference
I just used it for a few days and I really like it.
I think 'the breadcrumb' could easily replace 'the ribbon', since it uses up fewer space!
Acustk

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by c5000nc:
I really like the bread crumb bar, but would suggest one minor enhancement:

At each stage from left to right, add a Refresh button between the item and the arrow. This would allow us to refresh with one click instead of two (clicking on the item, then again on that same item on the pull down menu). This currently is especially cumbersome if there are a lot of items on the pull down menu (like Folders), requiring us to also scroll to refresh it.

I frequently change the date or other column of a To-Do, and like to refresh the view. It would be nice to have one click for that with the left side closed.

Thanks.

For me, clicking the "Tasks" link (the one at the very top of the page) does the refresh that you are asking for.
c5000nc

Posted by Acustk:
Posted by c5000nc:

At each stage from left to right, add a Refresh button between the item and the arrow. This would allow us to refresh with one click instead of two (clicking on the item, then again on that same item on the pull down menu). This currently is especially cumbersome if there are a lot of items on the pull down menu (like Folders), requiring us to also scroll to refresh it.

I frequently change the date or other column of a To-Do, and like to refresh the view. It would be nice to have one click for that with the left side closed.

Thanks.

For me, clicking the "Tasks" link (the one at the very top of the page) does the refresh that you are asking for.

Thanks! I see that now.
Salgud

Posted by dannyw0011:

And welcome back, Salgud. You had been gone for so long, I thought you must had departed for the great beyond!

Thanks, Danny, it's good to be back.
thepaj

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Acustk:
Posted by c5000nc:

Thanks.

If hotkeys are enabled, you can press 'R' on the keyboard to refresh the view.
c5000nc

Posted: Sep 17, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
ADD 'NEW SEARCH' BUTTON TO RIGHT SIDE OF BREADCRUMB BAR

It would bring up the full New Search, not the very limited Quick Search, and there is plenty of unused space on the Breadcrumb Bar.

It would be very useful to execute a New Search without having to click on the Search button on the Ribbon, then Expand the Ribbon to bring up New Search. For many of us, this Ribbon then has to be closed to see the right side scroll bar.

Much easier to have one button on the Breadcrumb Bar to conduct a New Search.

Thanks.
coolexplorer

Posted: Sep 18, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by c5000nc:
ADD 'NEW SEARCH' BUTTON TO RIGHT SIDE OF BREADCRUMB BAR

It would bring up the full New Search, not the very limited Quick Search, and there is plenty of unused space on the Breadcrumb Bar.

It would be very useful to execute a New Search without having to click on the Search button on the Ribbon, then Expand the Ribbon to bring up New Search. For many of us, this Ribbon then has to be closed to see the right side scroll bar.

Much easier to have one button on the Breadcrumb Bar to conduct a New Search.

Wow, that is a wonderful idea to improve convenience and productivity! Many of us use the 'New Search' quite often -- particularly since TD does not have a clickable multi-select feature.

In fact TD should add a clickable multi-select feature..... by Crl+clicking on the check box icon. Normal click will mark the task as done & Crl+click, click, click would mark multiple tasks as selected for further action eg. delete, copy, change a field value, mark stars, etc. Note: 'Ultimate To-do List' Android App has this great feature, and it is a productivity booster.
TheGriff_2

I'm really digging the new breadcrumb bar and find myself using it more than the ribbon. I like the fact I can collapse the ribbon and keep it from "bothering me". Thank you for the enhancement!
garyo

Ribbon is great. With it, I can close the left sidebar thing ("ribbon") and get more screen real estate in use. VERY nice design and implementation, I haven't seen one like this before.
jff.w.wright

Posted: Sep 19, 2015
I love the changes being made! Keep up the great work.. I've tried most of the GTD software on the market and this is by far the best.
coolexplorer

Posted: Sep 21, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
Could the menus related to the individual components of the Breadcrumb Bar be made to drop-down and up on scroll-over. This would save clicks. Similarly for the caret menu of task action on the right of the screen.
These suggestions are made without consideration of the complexity and issues involved, which as a non-tech person I am unaware of.
Thanks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.