ForumsNewsProgress Report - October 2015

Progress Report - October 2015
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 02, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Here is what we worked on in October.

Web
+ Completed and released Part 3 of our Tasks redesign that included moving the sort and filters buttons to a new location and redesigning how they function.
+ Completed Part 4 of our Tasks redesign that included moving the "Add Task" button to a new location and redesigning the product menu in top left corner.
+ Fixed some small bugs with the new sort and filter popup menus
+ Worked around a bug with Chrome that could cause the browser to crash when scrolling the window at the same time that a long list is being loaded.
+ Worked on allowing Habits to have alarms
+ Worked on allowing Habits to repeat on certain days of the week instead of always "daily".
+ Improved printing of all sections, especially Tasks
+ Improved Habit to use the Ribbon more effectively.
+ Fixed some display bugs with Internet Explorer
+ Improved the icon used for file attachments
+ Refined the look of the selected item in the sidebar
+ Added an "Edit Columns" button in Lists that makes it easier to edit columns.
+ Refined the look of the sidebar on Habits, Lists and Outlines
+ Upgraded and tested some external software that we use to build Toodledo
+ Worked on animating certain things that happen on Toodledo
+ Improved our handling of emails that we send (alarms, etc) that bounce back as undeliverable.
+ Fixed the positioning of the popups that appear when editing tasks. These were not positioned correctly if the page was scrolled horizontally.
+ Added a syncing indicator to the Habits section so you know when it is saving.
+ Improved responsiveness of Tasks section (so it will work better at mobile sizes).
+ Replaced logo and other images with high resolution versions that look good on high resolution displays or when zoomed.
+ Updated the range of years displayed in the Task's date picker to be more useful.
+ Fixed a bug with Tasks where a collaborator looking at someone else's workspace couldn't see who the other person's tasks were shared with.
+ Improving automated testing of parts of Toodledo
+ Fixed a bug where pressing the tab key after editing a task's title in multi-line mode could have caused the task below it to be checked off.
+ The keyboard shortcut popup in the Tasks section can now be dismissed with the esc key
+ Began work on phase 5 of our Tasks redesign, which will be redesigning the Quick Add and Quick Search tools.
+ Updated the entire FAQ to reflect the changes we have made recently
+ Improved performance of the Tasks section when scrolling long lists
+ Continued working on a redesign of the Notes section
+ Began redesigning the support ticket system.
+ Began redesigning our homepage.

iOS
+ Continued to make progress on a redesign of the task's section
+ Fixed a bug with Habits section where the date wasn't updating to "Today" for some timezones
+ Upgraded the look of the Habits section with a Ribbon

(some of the items mentioned above have not been released yet)
GSP1963

Hi, guys. Quick question: I notice that the orange/yellow "Add" buttons for Lists, Outlines, and Habits are still on the right side of the screen. Will they be moved to the left per the buttons for Tasks and Notes?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes. The next time we update those sections their buttons will move to the left as well. We didn't feel like it was an urgent issue with those sections since new items are not created as often in those sections.
thepaj

Posted: Nov 03, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Another thing that requires more mouse clicks than before is this:

When a task is completed (with the mouse), the key "R" does not refresh the task list until you click on something else in the list, then the "R" key will work and refresh the list.

Everything is a bit more cumbersome in the new interface, if you are working in a standard browser? Is this the price we have to pay for making stuff work on smartphones?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I was not able to reproduce this keyboard shortcut bug. I checked off a task with my mouse and then without doing anything else pressed "r" and it refreshed the page. Was there anything else that you are doing that might allow us to reproduce this bug so that we can fix it?
Yonten.

Score: 3 Reference
Eh? No work done on Android?? Arrrhhhhhhh!
thepaj

Jake, it suddenly works again (at least on this computer, I will try the work 'puters tomorrow). I had the refresh problem for a couple of weeks on both IE and Firefox, at work and at home. It Ddd not work earlier today when I wrote the post above. Strange, but thanks anyway.
Olivir2015

Posted: Nov 04, 2015
@thepaj @Jake: I have been having this issue for wuite some time, but the thing is it is not 100 % reproducible - sometimes the R key works immediately, sometimes I have to click outside the list of tasks, sometimes on cmleting a task, sometimes on editing the task note field and exiting it.
thepaj

Olivir2015, Jake.

Yes, the problem seems to be intermittent. On this computer with IE 11, I still have the problem right now.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks. We'll look into it.
ejmichel

Posted: Nov 11, 2015
for iPhone app, if you add a task how do you get the list to refresh? i can not find any info on this.
its kinda annoying to have to switch to NOTES and then back to TASKS.... every time i make a change to an item or add one.
Salgud

Posted: Nov 12, 2015
If you just add the task without editing, just click on Add on the top right. If you edit, just go back to All Tasks, upper left. You don't have to switch to another list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.