ForumsNewsAnother power outage

Another power outage
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 21, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Apparently there was another short power outage today at 6:10pm CST as our host (Rackspace) was conducting some tests on the previous power outage. This power outage lasted 15 minutes, but this time everything came back online successfully and we are back up without any problems. On the bright side, this shows that the changes that we made recently have improved the stability and resilience of our system. On the down side, two power outages in a week is totally unacceptable, and needless to say we are strongly reevaluating our hosting needs going forward.
lite1

Posted: Jun 21, 2009
As with prior event, thanks for your direct, honest, and transparent keeping the users informed way of doing business. Greatly appreciated. Since the prior event got me to schedule in TD doing back ups of my own data, I can take all of this in stride.
Edward
Proximo

Posted: Jun 22, 2009
Sorry to hear about the power outage. I know it's not fun when things like this happen.

I can understand your concern about your host. Not saying Rackspace is not a good one, but having two failures back to back is not something that makes you feel good at night when you go to sleep.

Maybe it will not happen again if you stick with them but the important thing is for you to feel good about your host. I am switching host for my two business sites because of issues I have experienced lately. Been with them for more than 6 years with no issue, but now I am having problems. Grrrr.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.