ForumsNewsAndroid App Update v6.0.2

Android App Update v6.0.2
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 11, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Today we have released a free update to our Android app with the following bug fixes:

+ Fixed a bug where Alarms were not consistent
+ Fixed a bug with using the up/down arrow keys
+ Fixed a bug with New Zealand timezone
+ Fixed some bugs with the widget forgetting what state it is in
+ Fixed a bug where if you were editing a task and then closed the app without saving, those changes could be lost
+ Updated Toodledo to be compatible with Android 7
+ Fixed a bug where links inside notes could not be clicked
+ Fixed a signin bug
+ Improved location alarms

This message was edited Oct 11, 2016.
coolexplorer

Posted: Jan 25, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
Context : I updated to the latest Toodledo Android app version 6.2.3 hoping that the long awaited "Custom Saved Searches" would start working after bug correction. No luck. I am on android 4.4 on a Samsung Note 2.

Problem : In all other Task menus the down arrow (at the top left of the screen) appears a bit to the center of the screen, allowing for access to a drop-down menu of options.
On clicking the 'Saved Searches' option the down arrow (at the top left of the screen) appears justified to the left of the screen, and does not show any drop-down menu of options (i.e. the custom saved searches I created on the TD website).

Note : I have created a support ticket but was just directed to a forum link which shows that some users have this problem. I have just cleared the cache, deleted and reinstalled the TD android app and re-synced my data. Problem still continues.

Looking forward to some solution as 'Custom Saved Searches' was the only thing preventing me from switched from 'Ultimate ToDo List' app to the native one.

Regards, Chris
Christoph Dollis

Posted: Jan 25, 2017
coolexplorer,

For me the Saved Searches weren't working (for an entirely different reason) until the most recent update. However, they're working for me now! Maybe I'm not understanding your description of the problem.

First, I navigate to Saved Searches as you describe in your comment. Then:

I've uploaded two screenshots of my app: 1) Where I'm clicking to see my Saved Searches. 2) After clicking, how I see the list of Saved Searches.

https://goo.gl/photos/hkQhR6oiYAxubkBN9

Do you see in that first photo where it says "Today" (up top)? That is the name of my Saved Search which is currently in view.

After I click on "Today", I see a list with my other Saved Searches:

https://goo.gl/photos/HXqZT1JAiRrC8fMg7

I hope this helps you, but if you have a totally different issue, please forgive me for taking up your time with this.

This message was edited Jan 25, 2017.
coolexplorer

Posted: Jan 26, 2017
Christoph Dollis,

Thanks for trying to help me out.
From your screen-shots I can see that you are able to access your TD web 'Saved Searches' on your mobile app.
Unfortunately I am unable to get anything in the drop-down menu. See my screen-shot which shows my 'first saved search' i.e. !Pinned (my daily routine- not shown in the screen-shot) and then all my tasks separated by Contexts. None of my other 'Saved Searches'. Notice that the drop-down arrow is justified to the left.
https://goo.gl/photos/LXebhhEejrrtnu7e9

How are you getting colorful descriptive icons to the left of your dividers? Freaks me out - I want them. :)

This message was edited Jan 26, 2017.
Christoph Dollis

Hi Chris,

Yes, that's unfortunate! I see what you mean. Where I have my saved searches, though hath none.

I added symbols from Miscellaneous Symbols here:

http://jrgraphix.net/r/Unicode/2600-26FF

Note that while there are many other sets of symbols there (such as "Dingbats"), Toodledo doesn't recognize a lot of them, and many browsers don't recognize a lot of them, so I pretty much stick to "Miscellaneous Symbols" and a few others (such as some arrows, geometric shapes, and a few of the math symbols will work too).

Cheers,

Christoph

P.S. My first sort criteria are Folders because I can manually order them, name them whatever I want, and so on and so forth. I use Context to order some things within Folders. A Tasks, for example, but not B–D Tasks, following the method here:

https://amazon.com/Eat-That-Frog-Great-Procrastinating/dp/1576754227

At the top of all I have an Inbox for anything coming in from various sources that hasn't been sorted into a Folder yet. It's usually hidden, but appears up top when there is something in it to Folderize.

Lastly, I sort by Alphabetical.

I use the default Context of "x" so it sorts below my numbers 1–9, per the above method. These are my folders:

⚞▮ INBOX
☀⌚ ALL-DAY EVENTS
☛⌚ TIMINGED EVENTS
⇑⚡ A TASKS
⇖⚡ B TASKS
⇐⚡ C TASKS
⇙⚡ D TASKS
⇓⚡ E TASKS

D = Delegate
E = Eliminate (but hold for a bit to ensure I really want to do that)

I do take the time to transfer via typing my Events from my calendar into Toodledo each day. That way I just have one place to look for everything. I sort them with 24-hour dating, preceded by 0700-0930, etc., or 1900~ for an approximate time—a reminder, in other words.

I even used Saved Searches as a type of CRM (based on a "Fishing" metaphor), for both business and personal follow-up! However, the items within my Toodledo CRM simply are slotted into Events and Tasks. So I'll have something like, "Fish personally land ..." to start the task, then the name of the person, and often what specific action I intend to do (call, email, send a letter, whatever). My Saved Searches allow me to slice and dice that. For example

Fish businessly
bait [with what the fish likes to bite down on]
cast [for next step]
dap [lure]
hook [to event]
land [a favorable deal or deals]
release [although this may be a catch and release scenario!]
tackle [admin stuff related to this]
watercraft [training/study stuff related to this]

P.P.S. Did I mention that I love that Toodledo lets me sort and have Saved Searches such as this? I've now got it set up to, on a daily basis, be the one place I look to for every planned Event or Task or similar, and sorted wonderfully. I use Start Dates, like Michael Linenberger recommends, so I only see the relevant Tasks, yet also have Saved Searches set up so I can see my Tasks over different time periods and/or days of the week.

This message was edited Jan 26, 2017.
ykphuahmy

Posted by coolexplorer:
Christoph Dollis,

Thanks for trying to help me out.
From your screen-shots I can see that you are able to access your TD web 'Saved Searches' on your mobile app.
Unfortunately I am unable to get anything in the drop-down menu. See my screen-shot which shows my 'first saved search' i.e. !Pinned (my daily routine- not shown in the screen-shot) and then all my tasks separated by Contexts. None of my other 'Saved Searches'. Notice that the drop-down arrow is justified to the left.
https://goo.gl/photos/LXebhhEejrrtnu7e9

How are you getting colorful descriptive icons to the left of your dividers? Freaks me out - I want them. :)

What happens when you click on the triangle? Do you see a list of saved searches? Or they are all blank?
coolexplorer

Posted: Jan 27, 2017
Posted by ykphuahmy:
"What happens when you click on the triangle? Do you see a list of saved searches? Or they are all blank?"

Chris : Triangle (downward arrow) doesn't work. Nothing happens (despite me having 10 to 15 Custom Saved Searches on TD Web, and they work fine).

This message was edited Jan 27, 2017.
Christoph Dollis

Posted: Jan 27, 2017
Posted by coolexplorer:
Posted by ykphuahmy:
"What happens when you click on the triangle? Do you see a list of saved searches? Or they are all blank?"

Chris : Triangle (downward arrow) doesn't work. Nothing happens (despite me having 10 to 15 Custom Saved Searches on TD Web, and they work fine).

Is it an Android version thing? Mine works well on 5 and 6.
coolexplorer

Posted: Jan 29, 2017
Posted by Christoph Dollis:

I am using android 4.4.2.
Under the Saved Search button it is showing ALL my Tasks. i.e. the drop-down menu does not work.

This message was edited Jan 29, 2017.
Christoph Dollis

Posted: Jan 30, 2017
Posted by coolexplorer:
Posted by Christoph Dollis:

I am using android 4.4.2.
Under the Saved Search button it is showing ALL my Tasks. i.e. the drop-down menu does not work.

Test it on an Android 5 or 6 device, such as a friend's, to rule Android version compability out?
exces-st

Posted: Jan 31, 2017
I'm using Android 5.1 (Flyme OS).
I reinstall the application today.
If I press "Saved Search" button the app crash.

How to solve this problem?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 31, 2017
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
Axl.l

Posted: Feb 01, 2017
Jake,

FYI: With the latest update of the Toodledo App for Android with Searches, I'm starting to migrate my habits from DGT to Toodledo App. That's a big shift for me!

A big "Thank you" to you and the development team!

BTW: I'm still waiting for the collapsable "headers" :-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.