ForumsNewsToodledo iPhone Update 1.5.2

Toodledo iPhone Update 1.5.2
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 20, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Apple has just approved our latest update to our iPhone app. This update requires iPhone OS 3.0.
Version 1.5.2 should be in the App store shortly and will contain the following improvements:

* To make remote notifications more intuitive, the due-time field is now on by default for new users.
* Changed the word "Alarm" to "Remind me" to be consistent with the website and to be more intuitive.
* Now also does an instant sync when checking/un-checking off a task in a list (if you have instant syncing enabled)
* Bug fix for crashes when completing a repeating task.
* Bug fix for displaying the badge on folders with more than 1000 tasks inside.
* Bug fix for crashes when adding a task in certain situations.
* No longer prevents editing when a sync is in progress.
* People who don't want to sync to Toodledo.com will no longer be bugged to setup synchronization.
* When adding a new note, the keyboard will automatically be revealed.
* Adding a time between 12:00noon and 12:59 using a 24 hour clock will now work correctly.
* Push reminders will no longer be occasionally accidentially sent for tasks that you didn't want a reminder for.
* Fixed bug where adding a task and then immediately a subtask to this task, when using "Sync on Edit" may cause the subtask to be detached from its parent.

Known issues:
* If you add a new folder, context or goal on the iPhone you must manually sync it to the website before adding a task to that folder/context/goal otherwise the task will be put in the wrong folder. This will be fixed in version 1.5.3.
* If a sync finishes at the same time that you are quickly scrolling a list, the app may crash. This will be fixed in version 1.5.3.
RC-DC

Posted: Jul 21, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Love all the improvements.

One minor suggestion related to the online tasks. Toodledo recommends backing up your data (or used to) before downloading/installing an app upgrade. It's a good idea to do frequently anyway just for some redundancy.

I was just wondering if the export to xml or other options could add a timestamp to the file name. Right now it exports as toodledo.xml. If it could download as toodledo07212009.xml (or something like that) that would be cool. Not a big deal, just a thought.
marisa_whitfield

Since the update, my Toodledo seems to do a little jerk/jump/stutter whenever I go back to the home page after going into any of the sections eg Hotlist, Starred etc. I'm sure it didn't used to do this.

Anyone else seeing this? Should I reinstall?
Anders

I have seen a couple of reports (actually since the previous version came out) of similar issues with the views struggling to be rendered. I see it a little bit I think, but really only on the top level menu when I move quickly in and out of different submenus (Folder, Context, etc.). I am hoping it is just a matter of growing pains with the new OS 3.0 version. It seems like a pretty minor cosmetic thing to me, but maybe what others are seeing is more dramatic than what I am seeing. The worst I have seen is once or twice a menu item's icon appears without its title (like the priority triangle without the word "priority").
jonnybutler

I was also having the little jerk/stump/stutter when I go back to the home page.

I went back to using 1.5.1 because it bugged me. It's very noticeable.
marisa_whitfield

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
I agree, it is very obvious. If you are using the app a lot (and I do) it makes you feel a bit seasick after a while!

It's a shame as the rest is brilliant.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are not experiencing this stutter/jump. Can someone please try to explain exactly what is happening visually?

Thanks
Anders

I have a few screenshots I took this morning that I will send in, but it is difficult to understand from the pictures because it is a changing thing. Essentially what I see sometimes is the top level menu screen appears piecemeal. Sometimes the icons appear, and there os a momentary paise before the words appear. Sometes the icons and words seem to appear together, but some of the rows take a second to appear.
Anders

BTW, I found the best way to make it happen is to go quickly in and out of the priority or due date screen, and then do the same with the hotlist or starred list.
marisa_whitfield

It's really hard to describe in words, but I'll try.

I open Toodledo, and all is fine. I wait for it to sync, all is fine. I go to any section, Hotlist, starred, contexts, anything and the next screen appears absolutely fine.

When I press Home to go back to the top level screen it slides back to the top level screen which appears correctly for an instant and then disappears for a split second and then reappears very quickly, but almost seems to jump upwards and then back down slightly at the same time, making it look as though the app is unstable, and jerky.

It's not unstable, it all works really well, it just looks bad and kind of makes you feel insecure, that it's about to crash or something.

For me it's 100% repeatable on every section all the time.

Do you think there's any point in uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
(This is on iPhone 3GS in case that makes a difference.)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I don't think reinstalling it, but thanks for the explanation. We'll look into it.
jonnybutler

Posted: Jul 24, 2009
I am also using a 3GS.
samuel

I'm also experiencing the jerky behavior.
I've also gotten it to crash several times by moving in and out of folders quickly.
It feels very slow going up and down in list aswell.
I'm using a 3G

Very unstable version :(

This message was edited Jul 24, 2009.
mannr

I have a 3GS and Toodledoo 1.4.1. How do I get my iPhone app to upgrade which it hasn't done thus far. I am a pro member although I am not sure that matters.
Anders

You can update the app either by going to the appstore directly on you device, and downloading from the update tab, or by updating the app on iTunes and syncing your phone.
mannr

Posted: Jul 25, 2009
NEVER MIND. I JUST REBOUGHT IT FOR FREE AND IT REDOWNLOADED IT. I AM GOOD TO GO. THANKS! I am feeling pretty dumb here on the update. You said go to the appstore, and download from update tab. I go there and see nothing but a 3.99 tab. Where is the update tab? I go to iTunes and click on check for updates on the applications page under Library and it says all my apps are up to date as does the appstore on my 3GS. Any ideas?

This message was edited Jul 25, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Jul 25, 2009
In the AppStore on your phone, there are 5 tabs at the bottom of the screen. The one alll the way to the right should say "Updates". I have no idea why Apple was not alerting you to the available update. You should probably contact iTunes support.
salustri

Posted: Jul 29, 2009
V1.5.2 (iphone) is good! Thanks!

I'm currently conflicted about toodledo v. pocket informant. Based on what I see in toodledo at the moment, the only thing missing that would make it functionally equivalent to PI is a good calendar view. That would give toodledo the leg up cuz there's no more split dependence on one service for tasks and another for events (as PI currently does).

Are there any plans to get some good calendar views going?

Cheers.
Fil Salustri
jneong

Posted: Jul 30, 2009
The new v1.5.2 for the iPhone is great! The configurability and organization makes it a pleasure to use!

I have one change request in regards to the e-mailing a task function. In v1.5.2 for the iphone OS 3.0, Toodledo still uses the openURL command to create the email and it exits the Toodledo app and drops you into the Mail program to send the message. This is very time-consuming and intrusive while in the new iPhone OS 3.0 API's if you were to use the newer MFMailCompose command from the MessageUI framework, we could send e-mails from within Toodledo without needing to exit the program.

Thanks for such a great program and services!
Jeff Neong
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 31, 2009
Yes, you are right. That is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.