ForumsNewsToodledo Update #1

Toodledo Update #1
Lise46

Posted: Oct 09, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by J.O.D.:
[quote]Regarding No. 2: Are you entering Toodledo on web via https://tasks.toodledo.com/ or via http://www.toodledo.com and Settings/Tasks/Default Views set to New (taks.toodledo.com)? Entering via https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/ will always lead to the old version, tasks.toodledo.com will always lead to the new version.

J.O.D - THANK YOU! I didn't realize there was the setting to permanently set up for new version. I am hopeful that resolves that issue!

Now....the app. Finding myself NOT using Toodledo because it isn't available to me away from the desktop (items added to the app don't sync to the web and vice versa). Suggestions on that?
J.O.D.

Posted: Oct 09, 2018
Is that app for iOS or Android? I have seen topics on Android sync issues, but not on iOS. And sorry, Android is not my cup of tea.
Ummagumma

Posted: Oct 10, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
I am having MAJOR sync issues on iOS, both using 2Do and Toodledo native app.

Took me a couple hours, several resets, and lots of tweaking yesterday to finally get my web app, iPad and iPhone in sync. I had to stop using 2Do and revert back to Toodledo's less than stellar phone app, not because it was more reliable, but simply because it was easier to track sync inconsistencies with. Now I am missing much functionality, especially alarms. But at least - for now - I have my tasks in sync...

This made me remember one of the reasons why I switched from Toodledo to other services for a while.

Whatever they do, unless they fix sync problems, they are going to lose customers.
aaron.c.salls

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Ummagumma:

Took me a couple hours, several resets, and lots of tweaking yesterday to finally get my web app, iPad and iPhone in sync. I had to stop using 2Do and revert back to Toodledo's less than stellar phone app, not because it was more reliable, but simply because it was easier to track sync inconsistencies with. Now I am missing much functionality, especially alarms. But at least - for now - I have my tasks in sync...

This made me remember one of the reasons why I switched from Toodledo to other services for a while.

Whatever they do, unless they fix sync problems, they are going to lose customers.

We know this is a problem and it's the reason we focused our limited resources to fix our mobile apps as the first thing we did when we came on board. The team is working hard to (1) make the sync far more reliable and (2) build a better foundation to make maintaining the app much more efficient going forward (e.g. IPhone X).

We are a couple weeks out from launch, and will announce rollout and QA plans here as we firm up the launch date.
Ummagumma

Thanks for reply.

I actually found an old post where I traced the problem to Toodledo on iPad, so I unlinked it and was able to restore 2Do functionality.

I'd much rather use Toodledo's own client and have full access to the features... but there's too many issues with that.

For me at least, the biggest ones are inconsistent / infrequent sync and lack of custom alarms (that is, being able to specify an alarm for a particular date / time rather than xx before due). I could live with everything else...
JPA_2

Posted by aaron.c.salls:
Posted by Ummagumma:

We know this is a problem and it's the reason we focused our limited resources to fix our mobile apps as the first thing we did when we came on board. The team is working hard to (1) make the sync far more reliable and (2) build a better foundation to make maintaining the app much more efficient going forward (e.g. IPhone X).

We are a couple weeks out from launch, and will announce rollout and QA plans here as we firm up the launch date.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.