ForumsNewsToodledo Unscheduled Maintenance

Toodledo Unscheduled Maintenance
Anant G.

Posted: Aug 06, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Update #2:
Everything is working good now. Sorry for the downtime again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update #1 :
Issue is resolved from the datacenter end. I am doing some health checks on the application right now and will update you guys once I have completed that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Toodledo Users,
Sorry for the unscheduled maintenance on Toodledo.

There is an issue with our datacenter regarding MongoDB SSL. That's the reason Toodledo is not able to make connections with the database.

We are working with datacenter to fix this asap.

You can also check the status here :
http://status.objectrocket.com/

We will update you when its up again. Sorry for the inconvenience caused again.

This message was edited Aug 06, 2018.
stephen_1299640558

Does this impact the following:

"As of a half hour ago, gSyncit no longer works. gSyncit syncs Outlook with Toodledo. I will now need to remote in to my primary computer. I see that other users are having the same issue."

Anant G.

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by stephen_1299640558:

"As of a half hour ago, gSyncit no longer works. gSyncit syncs Outlook with Toodledo. I will now need to remote in to my primary computer. I see that other users are having the same issue."

Yes it does, our APIs are also affected by this.
joodlejo

as the forum was affected as well - in the past Jake had notified the users about major problems via twitter ....
stephen_1299640558

Posted by anant_3:
Posted by stephen_1299640558:

Yes it does, our APIs are also affected by this.

Thanks for your quick response and work on this issue!
chris

Do you think it's about time the new owners share their credentials operating and maintaining a webapp with high uptime requirements?

Who is the full time dev? Is it fulltime, inhouse or outsourced to rackspace tickets?

The tweet re comms, 'lesson learnt' hardly reassures. Rather, I wonder how many other lessons remain to be learnt?

ramonvanmeer

Posted by chris:
Do you think it's about time the new owners share their credentials operating and maintaining a webapp with high uptime requirements?

Who is the full time dev? Is it fulltime, inhouse or outsourced to rackspace tickets?

The tweet re comms, 'lesson learnt' hardly reassures. Rather, I wonder how many other lessons remain to be learnt?

Hi Chris. Our (new owners) LinkedIn accounts were posted in previous threads. Please check the new ownership change post to see. We have full time, in-house devs and are hiring more. Please check our jobs page and refer anyone if you can!
ramonvanmeer

Posted by joodlejo:
as the forum was affected as well - in the past Jake had notified the users about major problems via twitter ....

The forum was not affected but from now on we will also update any issues on our Twitter page.
mikael_be

Posted by ramonvanmeer:
Posted by joodlejo:

The forum was not affected but from now on we will also update any issues on our Twitter page.

For me, the forums were down completely for a while, and required two-three page loads per page view for a while afterwards.
Yes, they came up before the main website, but it was not the case that the forums were completely unaffected.

elena.kucheryavenko

why writing "scheduled maintenance" then?
And agree, you have twitter and facebook, why not give some info to users that can't work and are nervous?

Would appreciate some mirror for such cases. At least to reach ALL tasks somewhere (archive or so). Or stop sync-ing mobile apps so that use local back up of tasks on device
elena.kucheryavenko

Posted by mikael_be:
Posted by ramonvanmeer:
Posted by joodlejo:

For me, the forums were down completely for a while, and required two-three page loads per page view for a while afterwards.
Yes, they came up before the main website, but it was not the case that the forums were completely unaffected.

the forum didn't work. Support centre didn't send tickets as well
Stuart Bell (ICR)

Posted by ramonvanmeer:

Just to reiterate what others have said, the forum was also showing the 'scheduled maintenance' page on several occasions when I tried to visit it. I tried looking on Twitter, but until recently there were no posts from Toodledo -- am pleased that you intend to use that as a communication channel in future. Maybe you could also consider using something like status.io to show details of known outages?
Anant G.

Posted by Stuart Bell (ICR):
Posted by ramonvanmeer:

Just to reiterate what others have said, the forum was also showing the 'scheduled maintenance' page on several occasions when I tried to visit it. I tried looking on Twitter, but until recently there were no posts from Toodledo -- am pleased that you intend to use that as a communication channel in future. Maybe you could also consider using something like status.io to show details of known outages?

Thank you for your message, we are looking into why the forum was not working for some subscribers and thanks for the tip on status.io, our developers are going to look into this as well and get that up and running for Toodledo.
Stuart Bell (ICR)

Score: 2 Reference
Thanks, anant_3 -- I suspect we all sympathise with the difficult day that you've all been having, and appreciate anything you can do to help things run smoother next time :-)
lalit.lmc

Posted: Oct 26, 2018
Toodledo tasks are currently down
500 error
mattybingham

I'd noticed that Tasks are down as well, and have been for the last 30-45 minutes or so.
BobGott

I am able to use the old task format but not the newer version. I suspect Toodledo folks know about this.
aaron.c.salls

Hi all,

The team is aware of the outage on the new tasks page.

We have the new build out and we've confirmed with several users that it is now working, but if you still see an issue let us know. We will reply here again once we're certain the issue is closed out.

Thanks,
Aaron
aaron.c.salls

Closing the loop here, we've seen everything return to normal on our monitoring and we haven't heard any further reports of errors. Please let us know if you experience any further problems.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.