ForumsNewsToodledo Update: Product Principles

Toodledo Update: Product Principles
frogboy

Posted: Oct 19, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
RTM is a very good choice but poor import/export options. Has plenty of saved search options.

2Doapp as a stand-alone app is also great, but import options are non existent.

Todoist doesn’t allow you to hide tasks (reference or negative priority) which is my biggest issue (since I have had at one time over 10,000 tasks which are purely reference time based information). A work around would to run two accounts....

Nozbe is great for collaborating especially with files and shared work.

Things3 is a great Everyman tool.

As far as I can see export/import/saved searches/reference or hidden tasks are the USP of Toodledo. No other tool on the market works like this.

I hope Aaron listens to users. If the individual plan which sits between the current gold and silver offerings was priced at around $35-40 per year there would probably be far less cause for concern.

Just hope the tool doesn’t close or become unaffordable.
gtappend

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by frogboy:

Todoist doesn’t allow you to hide tasks (reference or negative priority) which is my biggest issue (since I have had at one time over 10,000 tasks which are purely reference time based information). A work around would to run two accounts....

Todoist Premium allows you to create custom filters (ie. views), in the settings you can set one of these to be the main/start view. Would that help?
Ummagumma

2Do syncs with Toodledo, so what import options are needed ?
frogboy

Posted by Ummagumma:

You are correct it does.

But it is a pain if you have a large database of say 10,000 tasks in 2Do and every time you wish to add more bulk data is reset the sync to Toodledo, import and hope you don’t corrupt or loose stuff when your merge the databases.

2Do and Toodledo are not perfect companions. No background sync on desktop and quite a few fields are incompatible.

2Do is best with Dropbox sync.
frogboy

Posted by gtappend:
Posted by frogboy:

Todoist Premium allows you to create custom filters (ie. views), in the settings you can set one of these to be the main/start view. Would that help?

That is a thought - hadn’t played with Todoist premium for a while.

In Toodledo I usually just use a set of saved searches and the Hotlist. All bookmarked in my browsers.

Todoist uses the traditional Today view - I will see if I can get that Todoist filter set as default then to sync to iOS and WatchOS and behave as if it were the Toodledo hotlist.

Thankyou. Will feedback.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2018.
Ummagumma

Posted by frogboy:
Posted by Ummagumma:

You are correct it does.

But it is a pain if you have a large database of say 10,000 tasks in 2Do and every time you wish to add more bulk data is reset the sync to Toodledo, import and hope you don’t corrupt or loose stuff when your merge the databases.

2Do and Toodledo are not perfect companions. No background sync on desktop and quite a few fields are incompatible.

2Do is best with Dropbox sync.

I thought you were talking about getting data out of Toodledo, once.
frogboy

Posted by Ummagumma:

I thought you were talking about getting data out of Toodledo, once.

I am talking regular bulky imports, from .cvs or similar. Previously I was importing a lot of data points on on a fairly regular basis. 2Do has brilliant saved searches, just to get stuff in bulk would acquire that Toodledo work around; not ideal.

I think 2doapp has had cvs import on their roadmap for a while now - might tweet the developer and see if there’s an ETA on that.

Just testing Todoist now....
BobGott

This may seem trite to some, but I'm hoping for better formatting in the task's note section.

Presently we have code in very few HTML options for notes.

Formatted notes really help me understand important items and as well as quickly reading through longer notes as well. The formatting should also apply for items in notes.toodledo.com as well.

If helping your users speed through their tasks is a priority, then this is a big plus for me.
Ummagumma

Posted by BobGott:
This may seem trite to some, but I'm hoping for better formatting in the task's note section.

Presently we have code in very few HTML options for notes.

Formatted notes really help me understand important items and as well as quickly reading through longer notes as well. The formatting should also apply for items in notes.toodledo.com as well.

If helping your users speed through their tasks is a priority, then this is a big plus for me.

2Do app developer doesn't really seem to be very open to feature requests or product changes. One

If you have access to MS Outlook, you can import tasks in CVS format and sync to a variety of sources.
krebsz

Score: 2 Reference
I've been a subscriber of your Gold version since 2012. My current plan (luckily) runs 'til 2022.
Until then, you need to improve your product so it represents value-for-money, otherwise I will find another alternative.

Echoing comments above, a tripling of current subscriptions is VERY steep for what in return?
At the end of the day it's a sexed up To-Do list....

...if you cannot deliver a premium product but will charge premium subs in return, you will learn many, many loyal customers.

Good luck with your strategy, sense you may need it!

This message was edited Oct 19, 2018.
ederhj

Posted: Oct 20, 2018
Score: 2 Reference
I am long-time user for many-many years.
Many companies tried what you want to do - higher price for the same.
That will not be good for you.
But, you will see.

I'M OUT.

Bye
mjbernstein

Posted: Oct 21, 2018
I would like to chime in yet again. I have explored many options. Paper planner, Wunderlist, Anydo, Google tasks and many others.

For the foreseeable future I am sticking with Toodledo. Google calendar will remain my date planner.

May Toodledo live long and prosper and frankly the price is worth it to me but as I reflect on things this is what I would like to see added--sorry for being repetitive

1) First I would like to have a calendar integrated into things. Tasks and daily schedule should be able to be seen in the same view; and even integrated. It's like vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce--independently they are good. Together they are DYN-O-MITE as JJ would have said.

2) Color is very important for visual thinkers. Color can be use to segregate tasks into context/folders/ etc...in a rapid and visual way. Alternatively one could use color to indicate when in the day that task is assigned and especially if integrated into a calendar define a time when that task is to be started and completed.

3) A blank page for notes to record what happened on each day. Important calls. Personal thoughts and diaries. Tracking those things that slowed us down or sped us up. And then the ability to recall those issues.

4) There are several categories allowed--Context, Folders, Goals, Location. We can define the members of the group--could we also define the title of the groups? For instance I use Context for when in the day I am hoping to get things done.

5) Manual sorting of tasks via drag and group would be good. You can do that in a subtasks but honestly, I have yet to figure out well how to make the subtasks behave. Does that need work?

6) A note boards that is more drag and drop--like a colorful bulletin board. Fun. Visually attractive.

7) There are my starting points and where I will finish. I still think the system (being the web utility for me) is clumsy and stale--but it is powerful. Now is needs refinement to match the ease of management and visual appeal of competitors.

Aaron, you there? I will e-mail.

Marc
Anthony_Taylor

Posted: Oct 23, 2018
I opted for the silver package due to the 2 year retention. I will have to see how the 1 year affects me but it could be a deciding factor in me staying.
Also, the price hike is quite a change. I understand to a point, but there needs to be some very fast major improvements to make the price worthwhile, otherwise the now better alternatives in the same price range look like better prospects.
J.O.D.

I have also decided to stay for a year and watch for the improvements - based both on the fact, that no alternative is actually better for me, maybe just cheaper, but that's it, and on correspondence with Aaron.

Posted by Anthony Taylor:
I opted for the silver package due to the 2 year retention. I will have to see how the 1 year affects me but it could be a deciding factor in me staying.
Also, the price hike is quite a change. I understand to a point, but there needs to be some very fast major improvements to make the price worthwhile, otherwise the now better alternatives in the same price range look like better prospects.

This message was edited Oct 23, 2018.
Anthony_Taylor

I have checked todoist pricing and the price hike makes toodledo 2 times more expensive on the individual account / Silver
J.O.D.

Indeed, that's what I meant - Todoist is cheaper, but for me it is not better than Toodledo. Not for my workflow.

I have checked todoist pricing and the price hike makes toodledo 2 times more expensive on the individual account / Silver
frogboy

Posted by J.O.D.:
I have also decided to stay for a year and watch for the improvements - based both on the fact, that no alternative is actually better for me, maybe just cheaper, but that's it, and on correspondence with Aaron.

On my last email to Aaron he was considering dropping the 1year caveat and making it full history. Think it’s still being decided.
J.O.D.

Posted by frogboy:

On my last email to Aaron he was considering dropping the 1year caveat and making it full history. Think it’s still being decided.

I have the same info, from like yesterday. The final version of feature set should be announced very soon.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.