ForumsNewsToodledo iPhone App Beta Testers

Toodledo iPhone App Beta Testers
mjbernstein

Posted: Aug 14, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Since the new ownership took over I have been intermittently encourage and discouraged. Count me as discouraged.
thiobk02

Posted: Aug 26, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
Can someone guide me on how they export to other iOS apps? Really lost faith in Aaron and co. Had high hopes last year but severely deflated now.
zechariahs

Posted: Sep 12, 2019
T-1 day before the end of the second week of September...

Posted by thiobk02:
Can someone guide me on how they export to other iOS apps? Really lost faith in Aaron and co. Had high hopes last year but severely deflated now.

Exporting to other apps is really dependent on that app. Toodledo gives you a few ways to export the data but the other app has to provide you with a way to import it. I'm still a Toodledo customer only because I've searched long-and-hard for a replacement and haven't found anything suitable in that arena.
jogo

Posted: Sep 13, 2019
Posted by thiobk02:

One iOS app you could try, from my testing of bailout options in case Toodledo folds, is Remember the Milk. It will import tasks from the Toodledo backup file.

I understand your deflation. It's unfortunate the way things have played out. I'm staying with Toodledo for now, but have automated a daily backup just in case.
mariasmiles

[quote]Posted by jogo:
[quote]... staying with Toodledo for now, but have automated a daily backup just in case.[/quote]

Could you share your backup automation system with us?

I like having the backups, and am still enjoying Toodledo after several years. I hope the team keeps it going.
jogo

Posted by mariasmiles:
Posted by jogo:
... staying with Toodledo for now, but have automated a daily backup just in case.

Could you share your backup automation system with us? I like having the backups, and am still enjoying Toodledo after several years. I hope the team keeps it going.

Happy to share. On a Windows PC, I created a batch file with 3 commands to download the Toodledo backup XML file, and both of the export .CSV files (current and completed tasks.) Then I created a task in Windows Task Manager to run the batch file every day. I can share more details later after I get to my home computer where it is set up.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2019.
jogo

Score: 3 Reference
My batch file for automating backups has the following 3 lines (and nothing else):

start "" www.toodledo.com/tools/backup.php
start "" www.toodledo.com/tools/csv.php
start "" www.toodledo.com/tools/csv.php?completed=1

Note that there are 2 double-quotes after the word "start" in each line.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2019.
jzamoras

Posted: Sep 14, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by jogo:
My batch file for automating backups has the following 3 lines (and nothing else):

start "" www.toodledo.com/tools/backup.php
start "" www.toodledo.com/tools/csv.php
start "" www.toodledo.com/tools/csv.php?completed=1

Note that there are 2 double-quotes after the word "start" in each line.

brilliant! thanks!
guardprivy-1

Posted: Sep 14, 2019
@jogo That is so helpful! Thank you.

I've pre-pended those commands to a batch file I created earlier which moves the downloaded files to an archive directory.

robocopy "C:\Username\YourDownloadDirectory" "C:\Username\YourArchiveDirectory" toodledo*.* /MOV

This message was edited Sep 14, 2019.
geoffrey.mcdonough

Posted: Oct 10, 2019
Guys - the neglect of the iPhone app is unacceptable... feels like the platform as a whole is lacking investment and energy. Lots of overpromising and underdelivering. Looking into switching away from Toodledo unless I am misreading this, which I would be delighted to discover.
c5000nc

Posted: Oct 10, 2019
Posted by geoffrey.mcdonough:
Guys - the neglect of the iPhone app is unacceptable... feels like the platform as a whole is lacking investment and energy. Lots of overpromising and underdelivering. Looking into switching away from Toodledo unless I am misreading this, which I would be delighted to discover.

This is what Anant said on 9/18/19:

Hi,
From last one month we were working on finding new contractors who can help us in fixing open bugs and releasing new app updates. We were able to find 2 new contractors who joined the team starting this month. It took time to get everything setup on dev and guide them through the code.

In last Forum Post, I promised that I will share the task list on what we are going to do next. We are planning those things out and I will share it once that's ready. Our priority is to make the web version stable and free from bugs and then release the new iOS and Android Apps.

Thanks,
Anant
bgreiner

Posted: Mar 31, 2020
Hello,

I got the new app via testflight now.

But it crashes immediately after the start.

It cannot be used...
jimk222

Glad to see the beta version released. I am using an old iPhone 7 as a test device for Toodledo and a couple other apps in beta. I have successfully updated, opened, and entered tasks. No crashing as of yet. All other screens open (notes, outlines, lists, and habits) open without issue. I look forward to even more revisions forthcoming and happy to test.
The Dave

Crash on start here too.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.