Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
thpope

Posted: Nov 20, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
thpope,

Thanks for mention this bug. After investigation, it appears that the "Beep Beep" sound was not being sent properly. The other sounds were working fine. It has been fixed, so the next reminder you receive should get the "Beep Beep" sound :)

Yes, I can confirm it's working. Thanks!
kevinsmith1211

Posted: Nov 21, 2009
I have the same problem as Doug. This is a significant issue for me as I filter by start date and like to be able to glance down and see how many tasks require action. The total number of tasks in a context is of no value to me. I can see how people who use the system differently might require this. Is there any chance that you can make this a configurable?

Also, any chance that you can make Tasks repeat by Start Date?

Love you product!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 21, 2009
I will make it configurable in the next update.
Christophe

Posted: Nov 22, 2009
Hello,
I bought Toodledo iPhone app 1.4.1 version on April, 2009 and paid 2,99.
in iTunes, the recent update to 1.5 version is not suggested to me nor listed in the available updates for my iPhone.
Is that a possible bug in the iTunes automatic update process or does it mean I have to buy again the app and repay 2,99?
Your explanations, welcome.
Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 22, 2009
All updates should be free. Since Apple is in charge of the store, you'll have to ask them why it isn't allowing you to upgrade. The only two reasons why I can think this might happen, are if you haven't updated your iPhone OS to 3.0 yet, since our 1.5 update requred the 3.0 OS. Also, if you have jailbroken your iPhone, that could cause it to not get updates.

In any case, you can always just download the new version on top of the current version. As long as you use the same iTunes account as the first purchase, Apple shouldn't charge you again.
Doug

Posted: Nov 24, 2009
Thank you for your response, and for agreeing that a configuration option is the best way. I look forward to the update. It is trully amazing how much I find myself using this application and how much it has helped me to organize my life!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jjfdee2

Posted: Nov 25, 2009
Anybody finding that they get the "Network Unavailable" alert several times in Toodledo when not connected to wifi or cell network? Sometimes I will get this up to 3 times in a row in rapid succession. With the previous version I would only get it once.

I think this may be connected to another issue I get which started right after the update. Occasionally when in Toodledo on my Touch, the screen starts to move rapidly left to right/right to left. Almost like I'm swiping it back and forth really quick. I can fix this by going to the Home screen a few times or restarting the Touch. Can't replicate the issue on demand though...

Anyone else experiencing either of the above?
paul.freeman

Yes, occasionally I'm getting the rapid screen movement too. I haven't yet decided it is caused by Toodledo, as it happens so infrequently, but I was beginning to suspect Toodledo as it usually happened just after I was using it.

Seen as you see it too, I'm now thinking it might be the Toodledo app.

It is a very weird experience.

(not had the other issue on my touch though)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have never experienced the jiggling behavior that you are seeing. Does it happen inside our app, or after you quit it?
paul.freeman

Ok, just spent about 10 minutes attempting to reproduce it without luck, it is so intermittent I couldn't be sure if it was related to Toodledo at all.

Then, I decided to add a task to investigate this further tomorrow and as I left the Toodledo app I managed to reproduce it.

Here is the key :- It only happens if you leave the Toodledo app, i.e. hit the home button whilst there is movement on the screen, so lets say I'm in a task and I touch on the Contexts button on the top left. If I hit the button straight away, I get the jiggling screen.

I'm using an iPod Touch with the 3.1.2 software, and Toodledo version 1.5.5
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the info. I'll try to reproduce it. I suspect that it will happen with any iPhone app under those circumstances, but I'll check.
Christophe

Posted: Nov 26, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
All updates should be free. Since Apple is in charge of the store, you'll have to ask them why it isn't allowing you to upgrade. The only two reasons why I can think this might happen, are if you haven't updated your iPhone OS to 3.0 yet, since our 1.5 update requred the 3.0 OS. Also, if you have jailbroken your iPhone, that could cause it to not get updates.

In any case, you can always just download the new version on top of the current version. As long as you use the same iTunes account as the first purchase, Apple shouldn't charge you again.

I did what you recommend, forced the download of 1.5.5 version and it came for free as update of my already paid 1.4.1 version.
Thank you for the tip!
CPT

Posted: Nov 28, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Smart tag picker allows you to pick existing tags from a list. No more typing them out by hand.

I see from the comments that this new feature has a lot of positive feedback, and I am glad it raised so much interest. That being said, in my personal case, it made the iPhone APP a lot more cumbersome to use:

My system relies a lot on tags (~100 tags for 450 tasks), and when I want to input the tags associated to a task, it will now take at least 5 seconds before I reach the window with the tags. Once on this window, since I have a lot of tags, it is very cumbersome to find the adequate tags, because a lot of scrolling is required. What I do is that I switch to manually entering the tags (most of my tags are the initials of the individuals involved with the task, so 3 lettres long). So, it now takes me one more screen and at least 5 more seconds to enter tags for my tasks.

I know my case is maybe one of a kind, though I wanted to share 2 ideas to improve this feature:

* create a preference to make this tag calculation optional and allow to directly manually enter the tags like before this update.

* On the tag window, create a "quick search bar" (like in the standard contact App for example to allo to quickly locate the tags if the list is long.

Maybe I'm not the only one to encounter these troubles ?

I Hope my suggestions can help you improve the iPhone App which is a great product and now almost became an integral part of my lifestyle.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 28, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
paul.freeman

Posted: Dec 01, 2009
Posted by paul.freeman:

Here is the key :- It only happens if you leave the Toodledo app, i.e. hit the home button whilst there is movement on the screen, so lets say I'm in a task and I touch on the Contexts button on the top left. If I hit the button straight away, I get the jiggling screen.

I want to revise under what conditions it occurs after using it this past week.

In fact, it only occurs if I switch out of the app when it is performing a network sync.

I have turned off automatic sync today, and the problem has not occurred once.

Hope this helps you narrow it down. I'm just glad it is an app problem, as I initially thought there was something wrong with my iPod
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 01, 2009
Thanks for the additional info. Yes, it is a good idea to allow a sync to complete. It won't mess up your data if you cancel a sync, but for consistency, it would be better to allow a sync to complete.
kevinsmith1211

Posted: Dec 07, 2009
It seems like you can no longer set repeat tasks based on start date. It used to be that you could set these on the web site but not on the IPhone App?

Is this correct?

If so, why?

Is this going to change in teh future?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 07, 2009
If a task has a start-date, but no due-date, then it will repeat from the start date. I just tested and confirmed that it worked on the website, and via the iPhone when syncing. It doesn't yet work on the iPhone if you are using it standalone (not synced to the website), but we are working to get this to work also.
Neil Jensen

Posted: Dec 10, 2009
When we mark a daily repeating task as complete, the task for the next day pops up immediately below the completed task, even though I have future tasks hidden. But if I leave the screen and go back, it's hidden correctly. Is there some way to just have the completed task disappear and not have the future task appear either?

Also, when I have the badge set to show "overdue and due today", it works for a little while, then I'll notice that it changes back to showing the count from the hotlist. The setting is still set to overdue and due today, but the badge number itself changes.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.