ForumsNewsToodledo on the iPhone

Toodledo on the iPhone
aldonc

Posted: Oct 10, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
do a left-to-right swipe on a task in any listing and a delete button appears.

aldon
george

Posted by aldonc:
do a left-to-right swipe on a task in any listing and a delete button appears.

aldon

indeed. thanks
why buried it like this?
aldonc

I guess buried is relative. That's how delete in mail works too.

aldon
george

Posted by aldonc:
I guess buried is relative. That's how delete in mail works too.

aldon

maybe you are right, but most apps have a small edit button in the list view and a delete small icon appears next to all rows when you tap edit...or other apps when you go in details view of a task in our case at the end of the form there is a red delete button.

in that sense buried, but I agree it's relative and maybe you are right.

:)
Eric

Another Suggestion. Please add a setting to disable sounds for the app when selecting items. The clicking is distracting in the business environment.

Eric
Jake

Toodledo Founder
To delete a task on the iPhone, you swipe your finger over it from left to right when in list view.
jgallen23

Posted: Oct 12, 2008
Awesome app! I have one small suggestion, I had been using ToDo and the one featured I loved about it is the quick add task feature. It's very nice to be able to quickly add a task on the run that I can categorize later
gbradt

I have an iPod touch and haven't been able to log in with version 1.0 or 1.1. I can log in from Appigo Notebook to sync notes, so I'm sure my account (and my typing) are OK. I did a full restore on the iPod and it didn't help. Is anyone else running into this? Thanks.
bolhuis

I ditched my Blackberry for the Iphone 3G and there is only ONE area that Blackberry has been superior to the Iphone, and that is in the "todo" managment area, specifically with a product called To-Do Matrix. if TOODLEDO can make a couple of improvements now that this app is available, i will never think about my old Blackberry again. What this app needs is a way to SET ALARMS - everything from an alarm that could be set for 1 minute to hours, days, weeks, months or years. The SHORT term ALARMS are really valuable to keep the "reminders" in front of the user.

The only other thing that could be improved on as far as i can tell at this point is that if this app were to integrate with other parts of the Iphone, like the phone and email. For example, a phone call comes in, it can't be taken, if there would be a way for the user to immediately indicate that TOODLEDO should remind the user to call the contact back in 5, 10, 30, 50 Min, etc. Same with an important email.

To date, there is NO good complete to-do manager for the Iphone compared to what Blackberry users have become accustomed to. Finally things are getting "close" with TOODLEDO. PLEASE step up to the plate and really tweak this app, and you'll have more buyers than you know what to do with.

Thanks for the great work so far!!
george

Posted: Oct 13, 2008
Hi,

Good job with the update and the search functionality. Looks good.

I wished that the Icon Badge alert would be in this update, but never mind, now I hope to be in the next one if it is in your plans.

Unfortunately, I'm one of the ppl that have the due dates "bug". I read the other posts and I fixed my timezone from the account settings, but I still have problem with iPhone app (iPhone setup in Date & Time settings for region format is Greek).

I tried to clear the due date field and set it again in some tasks after I changed the timezone in my account settings and it fixed the problem. However after closing and opening the app again, after the synchronization finished the due dates were all wrong again.
The problem is the same as described in the other posts. Tasks that are actually for tomorrow appear on my today list and tasks for today are under the overdue list.

I will report this also to the bug tracking system, but I saw that you answer to this problem with the timezone in order to fix this, so I'm just wondering if anyone fixed this with just setting the timezone correctly.

Thanks
George
a.werner

The timezone setting can definitively not solve the problem with the due dates (Version 1.0 and Version 1.1)

Therefore I put the Toodledo application "on hold" and I will furthermore use the ToDo-Application which do not have these problems.

My hope is an improved version of Toodledo, but for now you can only use Todo in a productive environment.

My wish would also to decide if I want to use the automatical sync because I normally prefer manual syncing.

This message was edited Oct 13, 2008.
stjames

@george
I also have the problem with the tommorrow task appearing in today and the today tasks appearing in overdue...
I can't see anything wrong with my timezone (iPhone: Berlin, Toodledo: 1:09 pm; both the correct time)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The bug that causes the task to appear 1 day earlier than it should has been fixed (we hope) and will be submitted to Apple for review very soon.
bisseks

Hi,

I am lost. When making changes to notes on my noteboooks on the ipod touch with wifi working, it won't sync with Toodledo. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks for any help

Barry
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Toodledo on the iPhone does not currently support syncing with the website's Notebook section.

If you are use the Notebook application on the iPhone made by Appigo, you will need to contact them for support. http://www.appigo.com

Hope that helps.
michael.emery

Posted: Oct 14, 2008
I already have ToDo from Apiggo. Will Toodledo continue to support Appigo indefinately by continuing to allow access to this application? I hope so, they did a great job with Todo and deserve the loyalty.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We would never cut someone off from using our service.
Richard

Really looking forward to getting the timezone fix as that's bugging me as well.

Some features that get my vote are:

* Icon notification of number of overdue/today tasks
* The ability for filter/sort settings to be saved on a per view basis. i.e. the settings are remembered separately for folders, contexts, status etc.
* Support for Notes
* Support for subtasks

Overall the app is looking excellent - keep up the good work.
pier

you mischievous guys: you make this app stable and smooth (and add a few basic functionality, like note syncing) and you have created the PERFECT application people have been waiting for.
Then Apple buys you and you're done working for the rest of your lives.

Keep up the excellent work.
Andy

Posted: Oct 15, 2008
Very nice app, I've stopped using ToDo completely. Looking forward to updates and new features, but you've got the basics covered. Well done...

My only request would be that if you add a badge (number of due tasks on icon), make it an *OPTION* (let me turn it off, I don't want a badge on my Toodledo; Mail is okay)...

Again, thanks and great work!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.