ForumsNewsServer maintenance

Server maintenance
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 05, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
We will be performing some server maintenance today. We don't expect it to cause any downtime, but there is one action that may case 5-10 minutes of downtime that we will be doing around 8:30pm PST tonight. We will make every attempt to reduce the impact on the website.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 08, 2010
Just wanted to let people know that we finished the maintenance, which involved updating software on all of our servers and rebooting them in sequence. We were able to do this with less than 5 minutes of cumulative downtime. The new software included some security patches as well as some enhancements to our monitoring software which should make Toodledo slightly more resilient to unforeseen issues in the future.
Technocrap

Posted: Oct 09, 2010
hmmm look how nice this is ... https://www.dropbox.com/votebox

Had we a third of this, I'd be in heaven.
Joyce

Posted: Oct 09, 2010
What is it?

I'm on satalite internet, with mozilla and noscript. I have NO idea what's going on here and I can't watch random videos.
PeterW 

Posted: Oct 10, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Just wanted to let people know that we finished the maintenance, which involved updating software on all of our servers and rebooting them in sequence. We were able to do this with less than 5 minutes of cumulative downtime. The new software included some security patches as well as some enhancements to our monitoring software which should make Toodledo slightly more resilient to unforeseen issues in the future.

Thanks - I really appreciate the reliability of Toodledo.
PeterW 

Posted by Technocrap:
hmmm look how nice this is ... https://www.dropbox.com/votebox

These cartoon-style videos are quite effective. The one done by Smartytask is pretty cool too.

This message was edited Oct 10, 2010.
Technocrap

It's the wrong place to post /anyway/

you had to ..."Please log in or register to access this page." to see it ,

my bad.

"""""""""""""""""
What is Votebox?

Votebox is part of the Dropbox website that lets users suggest and vote on what features we work on next.

Ever since Dropbox launched in 2008, our users have been emailing us ideas to improve the product and writing about features they want us to work on in the forums. Unfortunately, keeping track of all of these ideas - and how much people want us to work on them - was pretty difficult. It was also not easy for users to find out what features we are actually working on and what features were being put on hold. We needed a better way to interact with our users. That's why we've created Votebox - an effective way to involve you in making Dropbox better.

Using Votebox is easy. All you need is a Dropbox account. You simply vote for ideas that get posted on Votebox, or post your own ideas and allow people to vote on those. Go ahead, give Votebox a try.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

This message was edited Oct 10, 2010.
domingolennyann

Posted: Dec 05, 2010
Score: -2 Reference
removed spam

This message was edited Dec 05, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.