ForumsQuestionsbasic question - repeating tasks?

basic question - repeating tasks?
kayak13

Posted: Apr 03, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hello - I'm a new user and have had issues setting up a basic repeating schedule of tasks, (work schedule, etc) I need the tasks and subtasks to repeat regardless of whether I check them completed or not. As I understand, I should enter all new tasks under "To Do List" only. I mainly need to use the calendar view to view weeks to months in advance and I like to print a daily schedule. I deleted all my tasks because some would repeat and some would not show up ever again. Should I repeat from the due date or start date and does it make a difference if tasks are entered from my iPhone or from the website? I know this sounds basic but, any tips?
Salgud

Posted: Apr 04, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by kayak13:
Hello - I'm a new user and have had issues setting up a basic repeating schedule of tasks, (work schedule, etc) I need the tasks and subtasks to repeat regardless of whether I check them completed or not. As I understand, I should enter all new tasks under "To Do List" only. I mainly need to use the calendar view to view weeks to months in advance and I like to print a daily schedule. I deleted all my tasks because some would repeat and some would not show up ever again. Should I repeat from the due date or start date and does it make a difference if tasks are entered from my iPhone or from the website? I know this sounds basic but, any tips?

Don't know what "To Do List" is, so obviously I add all of my tasks elsewhere. Not sure where you got this advice, but I don't think it's correct. You can add new tasks from any view you choose, and that new task will have the attribute(s) of that view. For example, if you add a new task while in the view with the tag "Ugly" selected, your new task will have that tag automatically.

You don't have the option to repead from Start Date, only from Due Date or Completion Date. This is all explained in the Help section, so I suggest you do some research there and come back here with questions not already explained there. Will be happy to help you further.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 04, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
It does not matter if you enter tasks on the website or the iPhone.

If you want tasks to repeat regardless of it you complete them or not, you can make them optional tasks and give them a due-date. Here is more info: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.