ForumsQuestionsiPhone Hotlist - due date filte

iPhone Hotlist - due date filte
tomjedrz

Posted: Dec 10, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but ...

The iPhone Hotlist has a *great* setting to allow selection by due date .. I can choose overdue,

1- This filter *seems* to not be working. No matter what due date is selected, I get all tasks that meet the priority filter.
1a - this filter (working) would be appreciated in the online version as well.

2- Can you add a selector somewhere allowing allows exclusion of No Due Date tasks, similar to the existing filter for Future Tasks?

I am trying to get a list that shows, in priority order, only those tasks with a due date assigned, due today or sooner.

Thanks!

This message was edited Dec 10, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 10, 2008
The hotlist contains tasks that have a certain due-date OR a certain priority. The key word there is "OR". I think you were expecting "AND", but this is not how we built it. We may allow the hotlist to be more configurable in the future.

Thanks
tomjedrz

Posted: Dec 11, 2008
I am expecting AND because the Hotlist Settings screen says AND. It is clearly written, and I am not misunderstanding.

That said, I will try out some settings using *or* and see if it gets me a better result.

Thanks.

This message was edited Dec 11, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We must have a typo somewhere. I looked around but couldn't find it. Can you please post the URL where we have "AND" instead of "OR". I would like to correct this so that it doesn't cause confusion for more people.

Thanks
croleva

On the same topic, is there a way to view the tasks on my Iphone by importance, other than going to my regular To-Do list?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, the iPhone can sort your list by importance, just like you can do on the website. You can access this by tapping the "sort" button.

Hope that helps.
tomjedrz

I wrote ...

> I am expecting AND because the Hotlist Settings
> screen says AND. It is clearly written,

Our esteemed host replied ...

> We must have a typo somewhere. I looked around but
> couldn't find it. Can you please post the URL where
> we have "AND" instead of "OR".

It is not on the web, it is on the iPhone app, in the section of the Settings where the Hotlist is controlled. There is no corresponding setting adjustment on the "Slim" web app. The standard web app hotlist setting does indeed say OR.

My preference is AND in the Hotlist filter,
*or* a more sophisticated filter for the Hotlist,
*or* a selector to not include undated tasks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the clarification. We have fixed the type in the iPhone app.
Mitchell

Posted: Dec 20, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the clarification. We have fixed the type in the iPhone app.

Is the "fix" for the iPhone app available to users? My copy still says AND and according to the App Store application, all my iPhone apps are up to date.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 20, 2008
I should have said that this bug has been fixed and submitted to Apple. We just need to wait for Apple to approve our update into the App Store. Hopefully, this will happen soon,
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.