ForumsQuestionsHow to set 'Due Time'

How to set 'Due Time'
patricidalpup

Posted: Apr 07, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I cannot seem to find where to put in the 'due time' when adding a task, can you advise me where i input it please? There is no time sections on the due date bit. This is an absolute must for me, toodledo will be useless to me without it. I need to be alerted to my tasks at certain times of the due date.

I am looking everywhere for a suitable to do app for my new android device, I used to use '2do' on iphone but that doesn't seem to be available on android, so I am looking for something similar. Frustratingly I have tried out 5 so far and none do all the things I want, and I really dont want that much!

1. Customisable tabs - ie 'Due Today', 'Shopping', 'Work', 'Personal'. - The 'Today' tab needs to show all tasks that are due on this date.

2. Alerts to pop up on my mobile phone. I will pruchase the android app to notify me on my phone on the appropriate due date and time.

3. Would like in a perfect app but not a dealbreaker - Calendar view and synch options to gtasks, outlook etc.

Is Toodledo for me?

Thanks in advance
Salgud

Posted: Apr 07, 2011
Posted by patricidalpup:
Hi,

I cannot seem to find where to put in the 'due time' when adding a task, can you advise me where i input it please? There is no time sections on the due date bit. This is an absolute must for me, toodledo will be useless to me without it. I need to be alerted to my tasks at certain times of the due date.

You need to turn Due Time on in your Account Settings. Then it will be right next to Due Date.

I am looking everywhere for a suitable to do app for my new android device, I used to use '2do' on iphone but that doesn't seem to be available on android, so I am looking for something similar. Frustratingly I have tried out 5 so far and none do all the things I want, and I really dont want that much!

1. Customisable tabs - ie 'Due Today', 'Shopping', 'Work', 'Personal'. - The 'Today' tab needs to show all tasks that are due on this date.

2. Alerts to pop up on my mobile phone. I will pruchase the android app to notify me on my phone on the appropriate due date and time.

3. Would like in a perfect app but not a dealbreaker - Calendar view and synch options to gtasks, outlook etc.

I don't have ToDo, so I don't know all it's features. TD certainly has those features you mention.

Is Toodledo for me?

Only you can decide that. I've tried a lot of task managers over the years, TD certainly has most of what I want, and they're planning to add most of the things it doesn't have that I want. They have a very long list of improvements (~1500), so it takes a while. But they keep at it, and updates are frequent. And they have great support in these forums, which is rare. That's why I'm using TD. YMMV.

Just curious as to why you switched from iPhone to Android. From what I've read, it seems that the problem you're encountering finding a task manager is pretty common on Android. Lots of apps, though not as many as iPhone, but generally not as good quality apps as iOS. Your experience seems to validate what I've heard.
patricidalpup

Posted: Apr 08, 2011
Hi Salgud

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It took some finding but I finally found the bit you were talking about hidden away in the account settings under 'Fields/functions used'. Then it took some time to actually appear, but it did eventually thank you for your help.

I think one of the main problems with these apps is the lack of user guides etc.... your average iPhone app is incredibly intuitive and easy to find the options you are looking for, whereas here I have had to find an option hidden away in a sub menu.

I changed to Android due to an ever increasing seemingly irrational building hatred of iTunes. My account has been hacked, funds have been stolen, customer support was not exactly great, I hate the synching procedures...the list goes on. Also I was very bored with the inability to customise my phone, iOS just looks so boring.

However I must say that I have been incredibly dissapointed so far with the Android marketplace, it seems to work very poorly, the search function is rubbish, the choice of games is incredibly poor compared to iOS, the cost for apps and games on android if you want them ad free is generally double the cost of the same ad free app on the iPhone. And the worst thing is my favorite apps which I got for free on iphone and have now picked up for free on android are now covered in advertisments, and I find that insulting and annoying.

I don't think either platform suits me completely and would like the best of both! But I guess I willl just have to hope that eventually consumer demands will start to take an effect on what the developers do. I can but hope!

Thanks again, i will persevere with Toodledo and hope it meets my needs.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.