ForumsQuestionsKeep getting duplicate tasks after syncronization

Keep getting duplicate tasks after syncronization
junkmail008

Posted: Apr 14, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
When I synchronize outlook 2000 with Toodledo, I get multiple duplicate tasks that appear in BOTH Outlook and Toodledo after synchronizing. The only way I can use Toodledo is to erase my tasks in there and import them after exporting from Outlook. I have to turn off automatic sync between Outlook and Toodledo.

I also have Toodledo (paid version) on my iPhone and when I do a sync between my iPhone and Toodledo, I get multiple duplicate tasks on my iPhone but NOT duplicates on Toodledo. Again, I have to turn off syncing between my iPhone and Toodledo.

Thanks for any help you can give me to eliminate these duplicates being created.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 14, 2011
The Outlook Sync tool was made by a third-party developer. Please contact them for support with their product. They can be reached at : http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

Hope that helps.
nospam

Posted: Apr 15, 2011
Hi,

I'm having the same problem but only from Iphone and Ipad to the toodledo webbrowser.

I had it before and then it stopped. now it's back at it.

Is there a setting i should be on? I just moved to "merge data" on sync. Will that do? should I tell the other iphone/ipads to do the same?
Nick_HK

Posted: Apr 16, 2011
We have toodledo on our iphones and ipads, and on our computers. We started sharing it (with my wife) and really liked it. Then we upgraded the new iphone version on two iphones and I have it on my ipad and it has totally screwed up all our tasks.

Somehow tasks keep getting duplicated, we should have around 100 tasks and we now have 19934!!!!!!!!!!!

The product is now unusable !!!! help
junkmail008

Posted: Apr 16, 2011
Guess I am not the only one with the problem. We have been advised it's not their problem.

I have posted in the 3rd party apps forum but no response there.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 18, 2011
The problem is almost certainly with a 3rd party application. We have received a number of complaints recently that AppigoSync (from Appigo.com) is causing this problem. Are you using this tool? If so, please disable it and contact Appigo.com for assistance.

You could try using our advanced search form with the "Via" or "date added" fields to find the duplicate tasks and then use our multi-edit tool to delete them all in one action. With 20,000 tasks, you might be better off deleting the account and starting over with a backup.
j.browning

Posted: Apr 21, 2011
I'm new to Toodledo. Using it as my bridge between my Appigo ToDo on iPhone4 and Outlook 2007. Same issue.

To get back to my correct tasklist, I exported all tasks from toodledo as a .CSV, loaded into excel, and used the "Remove Duplicates" option (selected the title field), and saved as a new .CSV. Then, deleted all tasks in toodledo and imported the new, de-duped .CSV. Worked great.

Now, if someone could help get the ToDo issue resolved, that would be GREAT! ;-)

Thanks! - Jeff
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.