ForumsQuestionsSharing via Public List, Private (Pro)

Sharing via Public List, Private (Pro)
dawn.m.williams

Posted: Apr 19, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Here is the Situation:
I will be telecommuting starting September 2011. Being the very first person allowed to do this, I know the "big boss" is a tiny bit skeptical, although I have a proven track record and have worked for her for many, many years. As she always appreciates more information... I thought it would be a great idea to offer to let her see my Work folder in Toodledo. Although my boos is a smart lady, she wants things simple and to the point, so I need to make this super easy for her.

I am going to outline my two options with the pros and cons of each. I would love any feedback on anything I have flat out wrong or any tips/tricks you have for getting around the "cons."

My Options: (as I understand them)
1. Use the public view
Pro: All she has to do is bookmark a web address and look at it whenever she wants
Con: She can't see that tasks/subtasks, she will see everything as flat. She can't see my completed tasks.

2. Use the private view (Pro - I am a pro user)
Pro: She can see completed tasks, but as of yet, I can't find a way to default her view to indented for subtasks
Con: She has to deal with a longin and I can't find a way to default her view to my "collaboration" page, so she will also have to click several links to get to my stuff

I would prefer #1 because of simplicity, but would love a way around the subtask issue. Is there any way to "force" what this view looks like? Can I have it sort by tag or something and use that to group tasks?

Any and all thoughts welcome.

Note to Toodledo: #1 Fantastic product. #2 Would gladly remain Pro if I could control my public view a bit more.

Dawn
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The other con with #1 is that anyone can see your list if they know the URL. If you have confidential info in your list, this might be a concern.

For #2, you could bookmark the collaboration page for her, which would save a step, but she will need to get a Pro account to see the subtasks.
dawn.m.williams

For what I am doing, confidentiality isn't really an issue, so not a con for me personally on #1.

Yea... I def don't want to have to spend $$ on a Pro Account (even though it is a GREAT rate per year) because she will just see it as an added expense of this deal.

I guess I will go with the public list. Any plans to be able to show subtasks on the public view in the future. BTW - this is a service that I would happily pay a little extra to have.

Dawn
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We will look into it.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.