ForumsQuestionsFiles

Files
artcole

Posted: Apr 21, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Can you place a task in multiple folders. As an example let say you need to call a client.

I would like to have that task go under the particular client folder and a folder called phone calls.

Thanks,
john_1301337507

Phone call could be a Context.
Salgud

Posted by artcole:
Can you place a task in multiple folders. As an example let say you need to call a client.

I would like to have that task go under the particular client folder and a folder called phone calls.

Thanks,

In a word, no. A task can only reside in one folder. You could, however, use a context or a tag in place of one of those folders. E.g., you could have a folder for "Client", and a context for "Phone calls", or even the other way around, if you prefer.

The power of TD is that you can do things so many ways. Of course, the weakness of TD is that you can do things so many ways. :)

There are different approaches to sorting out which features you want to use (I advise keeping it to a minimum) and how to use them. My approach was to start with a few basic ones, then add others as I saw the need. And when I added them, I played with using them in different ways until the best way, for me, became apparent. It's kind of a haphazard approach which may or may not work for you.

You can also find a lot of help by:
1) Perusing these forums and finding out how others have used TD
2) Asking questions of experienced users once you know enough to know what you need to know. :)

Remember the Help page - it's your friend. Before you post an obvious question here, like "How do tags work?", it's best to look them up in the Help page first and get at least a basic understanding of tags before you start asking a lot of questions that have the answers there. Of course, you can also search these forums for "tags" and get a lot of great information.

Best of luck!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.