ForumsQuestionsRepeat "from completion date" restored as "from due date"

Repeat "from completion date" restored as "from due date"
richardpepin.dd

Posted: Apr 26, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I recently restored an xml backup and discovered that all my task that had a repeat from completion date came back as repeat from due date. After looking into the xml file, I don't see where this information can be stored.

I found a similar question in the forum 2 years ago and the answer was that it was not implemented yet. I was hoping that it could have been implemented since.

Thank you in advance.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sorry. It is still on our to-do list. I'll bump up the priority.
richardpepin.dd

Thank you for your prompt response. This kind of support is one of the reasons I use Toodledo.

I must admit I was suprised to find that the data are not restored in the same state in which they where backed up but I guess with something as complex as Toodledo, these things happen.

Looking foreword for the fix.
richardpepin.dd

Posted: May 16, 2011
Hi,
Any news on the bug of corrupted backups. I'm surprised noone seem interested in having valid backup. I know the topic is not the most popular, but it is nevertheless a crucial one, at least for me. What are the chances of a problem being solved if only one costumer is interested.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 16, 2011
We are working on this. The XML backup can already restore 99% of a task's details. It only loses a few tiny bits of information, such as the "completed from" flag. So its not a terrible problem, but we plan to fix it regardless.
richardpepin.dd

Posted: May 24, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
The XML backup can already restore 99% of a task's details. It only loses a few tiny bits of information, such as the "completed from" flag. So its not a terrible problem, but we plan to fix it regardless.

I don't want to look unappreciative of the rest of the system but I have to desagree on that. If you have 100s of tasks for an entire department and you have to restore them by hand one by one, it become a terrible problem.

Any other backup system that would be found restoring 99% of the data and only loses a few tiny bit of information, would be out of business in no time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 25, 2011
We plan to fix this.
Salgud

Posted: May 25, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Yes, AFAIK, this is the first backup system in history to have a flaw. ;)
richardpepin.dd

Posted: Jun 02, 2011
Posted by Salgud:
Yes, AFAIK, this is the first backup system in history to have a flaw. ;)

Common guys, get serious. It may not be the first to have flaws, but a defect that makes a backup system to lose data, is well documented and is still unadressed after over 2 years is a first to me. And juging by the importance/interest that these answers suggest, it won't be fixed any time soon.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.