ForumsQuestionsNot signing out when I close the browser

Not signing out when I close the browser
dominique

Posted: Apr 30, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I use OpenID to log in to Toodledo.

When I close my browser (Safari/MAC) and then re-open it, I am signed in to Toodledo automatically if I browse to Toodledo.

How do I set it so that this does not happen? Or am I missing something about this way of signing in?

Thanks

This message was edited May 01, 2011.
Salgud

Posted: May 02, 2011
AFAIK, it doesn't matter how you sign in, you'll remain signed in unless you sign out, de-select auto sign-in before you sign in again.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you uncheck the "keep me signed in" checkbox when signing in, you will be signed out automatically when the browser is quit.
dominique

Posted by Toodledo:
If you uncheck the "keep me signed in" checkbox when signing in, you will be signed out automatically when the browser is quit.

This seems to only work with password-based login - not with OpenID
Jake

Toodledo Founder
With OpenID, you'll need to set the signout preferences with your OpenID provider, since signin is handled by them.
dominique

Posted: May 03, 2011
Doesn't seem to work - using Clavid. I'll try another provider and post back.
dominique

Posted: May 03, 2011
OK, I tried Verisign. I still have the same problem. I even tried deleting ToodleDo from the OpenID provider, but ToodleDo still signs me in automatically.

I also tried explicitly signing out from the OpenID provider before shutting down the browser.

What might I be doing wrong?

This message was edited May 03, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 04, 2011
Only a handful of people use OpenID with Toodledo so I have not looked at that code for a long time. I just went in and refreshed my memory and I can now see that OpenID login always keeps you signed in for 2 week. You can always sign out manually when you need to. I'll put this on my to-do list to get a session login working for OpenID.
dominique

Posted: May 04, 2011
Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.