ForumsQuestionsBadge not displaying alarm notifications

Badge not displaying alarm notifications
nathanbradfield

Posted: May 02, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I have an iPhone 4 with the most current iOS. When I set a task with an alarm the app will send a push notification with no problem. When I open the app from the notification, the badge works and shows the red '1' after closing the app. However, if I'm in a meeting or on a call and dismiss the notification, or receive another app's notification (text message, missed call, Twitter push, etc), the Toodledo app will not display as a badge the correct number of alarm notifications.

I have to manually check for missed alarms by opening the app to have it update the missed notifications, which obviously defeats the purpose of an alarm badge.

I am using the 'Recommended' alarm setting: "Tasks alarms come from device." I am setting tasks on the phone directly and syncing with the website.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

N
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 02, 2011
The badge displayed on the app is not the number of missed alarms, although that is an interesting idea. The badge number is determined by your settings in the "application badge" section. It is a coincidence that it is 1.
nathanbradfield

Posted: May 04, 2011
Thanks for your reply. In the "application badge" section, I have it set on 'Overdue & due today.' However, the badge does not display the count total of those two categories unless I first open the app every day.

Hence my reason for not wanting to miss alarm notifications. If I have it set on 'Overdue and due today' and receive an alarm notification at the given time, and then receive another app's notification, the Toodledo app badge still doesn't display that badge as it should because it's due today.

Any further ideas?

Thanks,

N
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 04, 2011
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.