ForumsQuestionsHow could I import a todolist in a google site?

How could I import a todolist in a google site?
dynamite_of_samurai

Posted: May 03, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hello everybody!
I'm sorry if this question has been already posted, but I searched and did not find out what i wanted...

I've created a google site to manage some projects.
I'm already using Toodledo for my tasks, and I would like to import a task-list directly to my google site, to centralize all my stuffs.
I tried a lot of things : adding the task-list into my calendar. And then I import my calendar into my google Site.It is a good option, but it appears as a calendar and not as a list, and i prefer a list, not another calendar (i already have 2 different calendar)

Now, I ask you : does any "gadget script google app" exists for toodledo?
How could I import a list of my tasks into my Google site?

Please help me, it's kind of urgent...

(and sorry for my bad english)
piyush_soni

Posted: May 03, 2011
I don't know how much Google allows you to customize your site, but if it does allow to insert an iframe in the webpage, you can just have an iframe which displays your ToodleDo slim page. Something like :

<iframe src="http://www.toodledo.com/slim/#_z1"/>

You can then set height and width and other attributes.

This message was edited May 03, 2011.
dynamite_of_samurai

Posted: May 04, 2011
Theanks piyush_soni, I tried to include it with an iframe and it's done. Now, i'll try to customize it.

For the people who have the same sort of request, I did this way:

-In Toodledo, go to "Tools and services" >"Googel gadgets" > "Google Personalized Homepage Gadget"
- personalize your IGoogle page.
- and then, with firebug, I took the src of the Todolist in the concerned Iframe.

I know there is certainly a better way to take the source, and a better source to customize the list, but i did like that.

If somebody has a better solution for the frame's src, i'm curious! :)

Anyway, thanks you again piyush_soni! :)
piyush_soni

Posted: May 04, 2011
Did you try the simple 'src' given in the post above? :)
dynamite_of_samurai

Posted: May 05, 2011
Yes. In fact, at first time, it did not work, but I tried again today and it works really well.
(i think i did not write the 'srs' given above in the right place.)

But with my way to do this, You don't have to log in, toodledo recognize the user (i don't know how..) and with your way, the user have to log in.. but i think i'll replace my way with yours, less code.

Thanks you again! :)
piyush_soni

Posted: May 05, 2011
You don't have to login each time, if you click 'Remember Me' on the slim page. If you have selected that option, it should be logged in the next time you load your Google sites page. Besides, both the link above and iGoogle page use the same session, as they are in fact the same website. So if you needed to login in the link above, at that time probably your iGoogle gadget would also ask you for the username password.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.