ForumsQuestionsInvalid ICS iCal feed

Invalid ICS iCal feed
TPHS

Posted: May 06, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I am currently trying to work around the Google Calendar problem (Toodledo tasks not getting updated in GCal before approx. 24h passed). What I want to do is to show the toodledo tasks as calendar entries on an Android smartphone in order to better be able to schedule tasks.

I found a solution with the app ICSSync, which allows to sync a ics file to a local android calendar.

However, there seem to be some problems in your feed, as for example this feed validator shows: http://icalvalid.cloudapp.net/Default.aspx

As soon as the sync is finished, there is a new local calendar on android. However, the calendar app crashes with a FC if I try to chose the toodledo calendar to show, and other apps (Business Calendar) show the calendar, but no events. This is probably due to the non-valid ics feed being parsed in a wrong way.

Is there any chance that you correct the few errors and make a valid ics feed?

Regards

PS: I'm using the first feed of the four which are available.

This message was edited May 06, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 07, 2011
When I run the validator that you mentioned I get zero errors and 2 warnings. We'll look into those 2 warnings, but regardless, no amount of errors in an ics file should cause the calendar application to crash. This is a bug with the calendar application on your android.
TPHS

Posted: May 10, 2011
Hi,

I got in contact with the developer of ICSSync, and he was able to find a workaround / fix for the problems.

A sync of the toodledo ics feed to an Android calendar is now working.

However, please nevertheless look into the 2 warnings...
Thanks! ;-)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 10, 2011
We already fixed one of them and we are looking into the other one.
TPHS

Posted: May 16, 2011
Hi,

thanks for your time looking into this.

The ICSSync is now working.

However, there is still a problem. Non-recurring tasks are not shown in the week and month view of the Android calendar. I'm in contact with the dev of ICSSync and will keep you updated with the latest news.

Please, can you indicate which of the problems the validator mentioned is fixed?

Regards
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.