ForumsQuestionsUpdated Reminders - only sms or email

Updated Reminders - only sms or email
4everwadez

Posted: May 10, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I was wondering why the reminder has been changed and no option for a pop up is given? I liked being able to reset or snooze if needed, now you can't do that with email or sms.

Please help!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 10, 2011
We have not changed the reminder options. We also have never had an on-website popup option, although this has been on our to-do list. Are you talking about the iPhone alarm?
4everwadez

Posted: May 11, 2011
Up until yesterday, I was able to choose reminder, & the time that I chose, a pop up would come up on my phone for the reminder. I could snooze it or dismiss it. That option is gone, and I can only choose sms or email as a reminder. No, not talking about the iphone. I am using android phone - droid 2. A while back, there was not a box to check for reminder, if you put the time in, it would automatically set a reminder to alert on my phone. Then recently, the check box was added & the option to choose the lead time starting with 1 minute...etc. Which is find, but want it to alert on phone instead of sms or email. If I want it to work that way, I have to set the task from my phone & then it will pop up on phone/alert.

thanks

PS I use toodledo with pocket informant on my android phone.

This message was edited May 11, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 12, 2011
The reminders on android are coming from the Pocket Informant app, so you'll need to contact them for support. The only reminders that Toodledo can send are SMS, email and iPhone.
4everwadez

Ok thank you for your response. What confuses me is before there was another option and now there isn't. but I guess it is what it is.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Im not sure how there was an option there before. I promise that we have never had an option on the website to send a reminder to an android phone or 3rd party app.
4everwadez

Posted: May 13, 2011
I understand now what you are saying. I think what confused me was the reminder was generated when a date/time was entered, and then the actual box was later added that you had to check to get an alarm, and then you chose the lead time. Anyway, I'm straight and thank you for your time.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.