ForumsQuestionsTask notes

Task notes
pfurlow_1306176164

Posted: Jun 01, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I've searched the forums but have not found an answer to my question, and this may be more of a feature request. I would like to be able to add notes to task and have them auto date/time stamped so that when I look at the notes of a task I can see each note that was written and when it was written.
Is this possible without me having to date/time stamp each note I put in?
Forgive me if this is something I have just overlooked in my use of Toodledo.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 03, 2011
We do not automatically timestamp additions to notes. You will need to do this yourself for now. You could try using a macro program like TextExpander which can insert the current timestamp with a simple keystroke. The bonus is that this will work anywhere, not just in Toodledo.
daniel_h

Posted: Jun 18, 2011
+1 for date/timestamps

Macro program is not a solution for me as I spend equal time on mac/PC/iPad. Every note I take is date stamped, manually, now. It would be so great to have a date/time stamp button.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 20, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion
daniel_h

Posted: Jun 28, 2011
Ok, I am looking at TextExpander and see that it could be a solution for me (albeit expensive for the one thing I want!). I see that there is an iPhone/iPad app for this that works with compatible apps. Toodledo is not on the list of compatible apps. Is it, or will it be, compatible with TextExpander on the iPad? This would make not having time/date stamps native to the app acceptable for me.

This message was edited Jun 28, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 29, 2011
We have plans to add TextExpander support to our iOS app.
daniel_h

Posted: Jun 29, 2011
Great news. Thanks.
jalmeida

Posted: Jul 28, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
there should be time/date stamps built in.. maybe a button to push that would insert date and time.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.