ForumsQuestionsGoogle Calendar not updated

Google Calendar not updated
Thomas Daniel

Posted: Jun 21, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I had a task in Toodledo, which was repeated every two weeks. The task was showing fine in Google calendar. However, when I deleted it in Toodledo, it remained in Google calendar and goes on forever.
How can I have it removed from Google calendar. Since it belongs to the published Toodledo calendar, Google doesn't allow me to remove it manually!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 22, 2011
Unfortunately, this is a bug with Google Calendar. For some reason, Google has very poor support for external calendars. This is well known and there is nothing that we can do about it at the moment. It might clear up after a few days. You can try removing the subscription and re-adding it in Google Calendar, which sometimes helps.
Thomas Daniel

Posted: Jun 23, 2011
I removed the subscription in Google calendar, waited a day and added it back.
A task that was deleted in Toodledo long time ago still shows up when the calendar is viewed in Google.
This is show-stopper for me and unless it is resolved, I am afraid I will have no choice but to drop Toodledo.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 23, 2011
Unfortunately, this is a bug with Google and we have no way to resolve it. Sorry.
Thomas Daniel

Posted: Jun 24, 2011
A possible workaround would be re-publish the offending calendar with a different url, to prevent Google from fetching cached data.
I realize this is Google bug and that the workaround would require you to develop new code so that you can associate the new "fake" id with the real one, but it would be really helpful.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 27, 2011
You can make your own different url by appending a ? to the end of the URL and then typing any random characters after that. For example:

www.toodledo.com/mycalendar.ics?blablabla
Thomas Daniel

Posted: Jul 01, 2011
Thank you, that is a good suggestion, I'll try it next time.
For now, I waited a week and republished my todledo calendar in Google and my old tasks were gone. It seems that a week works to flush their cache, but a day doesn't. Oh, well...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.