ForumsQuestionsStart Page preference not working

Start Page preference not working
kuduboet_deleted

Posted: Jul 09, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Running 2.1.12 and my start page preferences are not working. I usually go to all tasks and I have tried the option where I was last, it always starts up in the Tasks Home page, anyone else seeing this and if not, any ideas how to fix. It has always worked just fine. Thanks.
Mrjazz0322

Posted: Jul 10, 2011
I am running 2.1.12 on my iPhone 3G and have exactly the same problem as kuduboet. My start page preference is for Hotlist but I get the Tasks Home Page every time no matter which preference is ticked
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 10, 2011
A number of other people have reported this as well. When we tested this version of the app before submitting it to Apple, the start page was working, but we may have missed some combination of settings. We will investigate and get this fixed as soon as we can. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 11, 2011
We have been unable to reproduce this problem in our testing this morning. If you have this problem, could you please answer a few questions?

1) Do you sync with Toodledo.com? If so, do you have "sync on start" turned on in settings?
2) Do you have the passcode feature enabled?
3) Are you waiting at least 15 minutes after closing the app before expecting the start-page to work? Because restarting the app sooner than 15 minutes will not trigger the start-page, it will restore to your previous state instead.
4) Can you please try going into the start-page settings section and selecting a different start-page and see if that changes anything?
5) What model of iPhone do you have?
laj428

I'm experiencing this issue since updating Toodledo to version 2.1.12(26). Never had a problem before installing the update.

1)Yes, I sync with Toodledo.com, and yes, I have "sync on start" enabled.
2)No, I don't have the passcode enabled.
3)I've been waiting more than 15 minutes to restart the app.
4)I tried selecting different start pages and it still brings me to the home page, though the start page is saved when I go back to Settings.
5) 3G running iOS 4.2.1.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I think we found the problem. It only affects older devices that are not multi-tasking aware. And as far as we can tell, this bug has been there for longer than just 2.1.12. In any case, we have a fix in the works. Sorry for the inconvenience.
kuduboet_deleted

Posted: Jul 12, 2011
My device is a fourth gen iPod touch so not sure your thought about it only affecting older devices is correct. I have the same setup as the previous poster but an iPod touch not an iPhone. Running 4.3.3 as OS

This message was edited Jul 12, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 12, 2011
The start-page is not triggering on a cold start. This happens every time on older devices, and occasional on newer devices depending on how many other apps you run, and how much memory you have, etc. We have a fix already being tested and will submit it to Apple as soon as we can.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.