ForumsQuestionsHELP - almost 20,000 duplicated tasks - how to delete?

HELP - almost 20,000 duplicated tasks - how to delete?
tclemons2

Posted: Jul 16, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I have almost 20,000 tasks in Toodledo and on the android phone app, Due Today.

I took a lot of time deleting the many duplicates on the Due Today phone app a month ago, but they re-appeared. Now pushing 20,000. These multiple instances of tasks seem to all be repeating tasks. I have many instances of each of these tasks for each day, going back to November.

I also have the Iphone/Ipod Touch Toodledo app, but haven't used that. I DID have Got To Do and I tried Ultimate To Do, but I've deleted these off my phone. Problem may have started after I removed Got To Do and tried Ultimate To Do. But problem is continuing with these apps deleted.

I do not sync to Outlook or any other task list program.

I'm willing to delete everything and start over - just tell me how. I don't seem to be able to find out how to do this.

If this can't be fixed, I'll look for another task management solution.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tom
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 16, 2011
The duplicates are being created by a 3rd party application that is syncing incorrectly. We cannot provide support for 3rd party apps. My suggestion is to go into the account settings and disable all externally syncing apps until you can contact the company making it and inquire about a fix for their duplication bug.

Since you mentioned that you are willing to delete and start over, you can do this in your account settings, under the "delete tasks" link.
tclemons2

Posted: Jul 17, 2011
Thanks! I forgot to mention that I was also using Pimlical, for Windows. Not sure which application was the offending program.

I found out how to just delete all tasks. I've done that for Due Today, ToodleDo and Pimlical. I'll try just using Due Today and Toodle Do for a while. After I'm sure that works well, I'll try Pimlical again.

I'm gaining more confidence in web-based apps, but still like to have local copies of things on my laptop (backed up locally, too).

In fact, I tend to have paper copies of task lists in my pocket daily journal (+ index cards + Toodledo booklet) system as well. Not that I'm an un-trusting fellow, it is just they way I tend to work and get things done.

Thanks for a great product with very good customer support. Cheers!
tclemons2

Posted: Jul 17, 2011
Uh, sorry. I meant Task Angel, not Pimlical. Sorry about the confusion. Pimlical sync all of my Google calendars. Task Angel is the desktop software that I set up to sync with Toodledo.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.