ForumsQuestionsPrinting problems in new format

Printing problems in new format
scottcohen1

Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
Is anyone else having problems printing their to-do lists in the new format? I have tried it in Firefox and Internet Explorer and am having the same problem in both:
- Only about 12 items print (my list has well over 100 items). It looks like it is only printing what is visible on my screen, not the rest of the list (scrolling window)
- The list prints in about 4-5 point type
- The settings of the print function cuts off the due date for all tasks
- If I print from the main Firefox print button, I am able to see the due dates, but the list still gets cut (it only prints what's visible on the screen, not the rest of the list)

My other complaints about the new format:
- I'd like to have some color theme options to make things more readable. The gray-only list is not appealing to me and hard to use
- I'd like to be able to have the entire line show up as a specific color for certain items (i.e. Top/High priority items)
- When I load the page, I can't see the due dates on the right. I need to scroll my page all the way to the right to see the task list in full, but this results in losing about 95% of the left hand navigation.
- I tried switching to grid format to solve the printing problem, but I still have problems with column widths - I can't get the main task column to go as wide as I want.

Overall, I don't mind the new layout. I'm sure I will get used to it. But it seems strange that all of these bugs exist and users don't have the option of sticking with the older format until they are worked out. These bugs are a big pain, and had they existed when I was considering which site to use (I have a pro subscription), I probably would have chosen a different site.

Please get it fixed quickly!!!
Salgud

Score: 1 Reference
I printed from both FF5 and IE7 and am seeing the same problems. The task list is truncated where the tasks appear in the TD window, though there are many more below. They are in a very small font.

Also, the list and the scrollbar is being truncated in the TD window in IE7 about an inch above the bottom of the window. 3 or 4 more tasks could be displayed.

I'm not seeing any horizontal truncation though.
daniel_h

I have the same issue: prints only what is on screen, not what would be visible after scrolling down. This is on a mac, snow leopard, chrome.
MarieRB

Yes, identical problems here, in both FF and IE8. Please, we need a quick fix!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We will have this fixed by the end of the day. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Salgud

Score: 0 Reference
I went back and printed a note. It's in a very small font too.
scottpaull

safari on os x worked for me. ff5 was a fail.
mikekorner

Windows 7 with FF 3.6.18 has this problem, too. Just sharing.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It should be fixed now.
Salgud

Retested in both FF5 & IE7, problem persists.
scottcohen1

I am still having the problem also. After a full shutdown/restart.
MarieRB

Posted: Jul 28, 2011
Yes, same problem after logout/reboot. Can only print my full list by exporting to Excel and tweaking manually there to include what I want.
ranilev

I am able to print all the tasks, but it is in a tiny font. I tried printing from Firefox, IE, and Chrome - using both the Toodledo print icon and the browser print function - all gave same tiny barely readable results.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you are still having printing problems, please go into your account settings and look under "Show tasks as" and see if you have the experimental "Top is fixed" setting selected. There is a reason why this is experimental. Try turning this off and see if that helps.
ranilev

Thanks for the suggestion. Show Tasks As was set to "Entire page scrolls." I am seeing all the tasks, but the print is very small.
MarieRB

YES, thank you. That helps but only in IE8. FF is still troubled, even when set to "entire page scrolls." But I'll take one functional browser over none! Thanks for your quick attention to this problem.
dmonder

I can print in IE9 (actually through IE Tab 2 in FF) and Chrome (v12.0.742.122), but not FF (v5.0). Problem is, I prefer to use native FF if I can.
scottcohen1

Switching to full page scrolls helped, but not completely. The full list now prints, but the type is very small and the due dates on the right are messed up (some don't print at all, other are printing on top of other due dates - looks like the missing dates from pages 2-3 are printing on page 1).

I know the company is excited about the new design, but would it be possible to have the new design be a "beta" and allow users to revert to the old design while the bugs are worked out?
scottcohen1

Posted: Jul 29, 2011
We're getting there...

I can now print from the scrolling list and the dates are showing up correctly, but the font is still very small.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 29, 2011
The font will scale to fit everything on the page. To get around this, you can zoom the page before you print it, or print in landscape format.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.