ForumsQuestionsExporting from Things into TD

Exporting from Things into TD
khosra_1325917984

Posted: Aug 06, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I am a Things by Cultured Code user and would like to try switching to TD.

I am having difficulty figuring out how to export as much as possible from Things and then import into TD. If anyone has done this (eg. with applescript, python script), please let me know.

There is a limited set of Applescript exports for Things listed on their site but none to dump all to XML, it seems. I have looked through some of the examples on the TD side on this site.

Thanks!
Salgud

Posted: Aug 06, 2011
Sorry, can't help you with the conversion. Just wanted to let you know that I converted from Things just over a year ago, and have been very glad I did. Regular upgrades, including this last big one, which greatly improved both the look and the ease of use, along with very active participation in the forums, make this a much, much better place to be.
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Aug 08, 2011
From Things wiki - "There are various clever ways to export from Things using AppleScripts (see forums for examples).

To my great joy, however, I just found an even quicker method:

1. Select the task(s) you want to export

2. Drag and drop them into a text file (or an email, or a Google Document, or wherever)

3. That's it!

Enjoy...

Sam "

You can then use the text import, This will read in a tab-delimited text file from your hard drive and add each line to your to-do list. The order of the fields will match the text export file which is (task folder duedate priority length).

A potentially easier way to add multiple tasks to your to-do list might be with the "Add Multiple Tasks" option on the task list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.